Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

First mod to my F150

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First mod to my F150

Ok well I am new here and even though this is no biggy I decided to share. I wanted to give a try to painting my bumper body color. I used Duli-Color factory match and a separate can of clear with a spray handle to aid in applying it right. Came out really good so I am going to hit the lower back bumper also. You can’t tell by the pics but the trim below the lights had been painted before and the color was slightly off so I painted it also. Oh I did use adhesive promoter also along with primer. Once a month goes by I will clean and wax it.

I must say even though I am going to miss my little 6 speed I am really loving the truck so far (image below). I have lots of plans for it but I am trying to pace myself because I have a habit of fixing up cars then trading them out 6 months later when I burn out. My first tank average 14.5 MPG which is ok I can live with that but I am going to try to do a little better. Any way I look forward sharing more updates once they accumulate.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

I think it looked better black..
Old 06-22-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I am going to be going with a back and red theme for the truck. I want the lower body line to be even and all red. The black for the grill, mirrors, door handles, fuel door, top rear bumper, top rear bumper handle and tint. I hate that grill and was about to paint the trim body color and the inside black but decided why bother just buy the one I want since they are cheap.

Quick Reply: First mod to my F150