Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

few pics of my system install.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default few pics of my system install.

with funds being the major reason for my slow build, at least ive got something to listen to. im still running the stock head unit because the one i want is over 600 bux so thatll have to wait. im running these speakers: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=269-326 at $4.25 each you cant pass that up.

here is the 4 channel amp mounted

i have 2 subs but one is in my bedroom because the amp i have running the bass cant handle 2. i had it laying around in my garage so i through it in. the next step is to buy a better amp so i can have 2 subs. the capacitor, probably not necessary but when its next to free, Ill take it.

here it is all buttoned up, youd never know i had a system in my truck

this is the first time ive ever installed any stereo equipment so im learning as i go. i was quite surprised that those cheap speakers handle the amp very well. i keep cranking the volume and they continue to sound perfect. i was almost expecting them to blow as soon as i began to feed them some volume but they are holding up.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Going Postal!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
with funds being the major reason for my slow build, at least ive got something to listen to. im still running the stock head unit because the one i want is over 600 bux so thatll have to wait. im running these speakers: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=269-326 at $4.25 each you cant pass that up.

here is the 4 channel amp mounted

i have 2 subs but one is in my bedroom because the amp i have running the bass cant handle 2. i had it laying around in my garage so i through it in. the next step is to buy a better amp so i can have 2 subs. the capacitor, probably not necessary but when its next to free, Ill take it.

here it is all buttoned up, youd never know i had a system in my truck

this is the first time ive ever installed any stereo equipment so im learning as i go. i was quite surprised that those cheap speakers handle the amp very well. i keep cranking the volume and they continue to sound perfect. i was almost expecting them to blow as soon as i began to feed them some volume but they are holding up.
looks awesome, good job. keep us posted
Old 02-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks nice.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks clean!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where did u relocate your jack?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Master of disaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar box ,mines goes all the way across but the amp you should look into is a jl audio if you could find the space or what I have is a memphis bella series it's a 1500 watt 5 channel amp that has 1000watt on the sub,

All I have to say is you have to here my system in order to understand the bass i have, The speakers I had to have equal to jl audio's top of line W7 series so i had them specially made for the mounting dept and it coasted me $600 just for two 10's but it was well worth it.

If you need to know anything as far as your system don't be afraid to ask .
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by fordct2002
where did u relocate your jack?
i relocated it to my garage. im going to do a 12" lift in a month so that jack wont be any use soon
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM

well just added a couple alpine type r speakers for the front of my truck. the tweeters are really nice to have, adds extra dimension to the sound. install was very easy all tho a did have to open the hole for the tweeter a little and the adapter plate holding the speaker had some plastic sticking off the side that had to go but it was nothing a pneumatic dremmel couldnt fix. my one 10" kicker just isnt cutting it any more. i have 2 subs installed now but only one is hooked up due to the lack of power from my amp. a new amp for the subs will be next.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 PM
GrafixInk.ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice and clean...

the sound doesn't get muffled or distorted by being fired into the seats?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Grafix Ink.
nice and clean...

the sound doesn't get muffled or distorted by being fired into the seats?
thank you. i have read that it gets distorted but i dont notice it and thats all that matters to me

Quick Reply: few pics of my system install.