Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Failed OBD for inspection

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:46 PM
moose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed OBD for inspection

How do I reset comp. After Alt.-Batt. replacement? 2004 F-150, three weeks 1,000 mi. a week,three not reset for emissions. Thank-you for your help! Moosefrog
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

The computer is reset everytime you unhook the battery to stock/whatever is programmed on it. Does/Did your truck have a programmer? if not, then whenever you un-hook and reconnect your battery it resets the computer back to factory. Is your OBD port not working? your post is a bit confusing
Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Nothing rattle canned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My truck failed for the OBD port too, ended up being my cigarette lighter was shorting out and had blown the fuse. I never noticed because I don't use the lighter. It would immediately blow out a new fuse so I just unplugged the lighter assy behind the dash trim that did the trick.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moosefrog, your truck failed because it has a P1000 Code which basicaly means that you computer did not finish the relearn process. Basically it has to relearn the Evaporative and the Catalyst Monitors. All the other ones complete pretty fast. You have to go trough a special driving cycle to get them to complete which is kind of a hassle if you don't hava a scanner. Here is a link to the cycle: http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html. I drove 10,000k and the monitors did not complete untill I went trough the cycle. Here is what I did.

Evap Monitor
1. Filled the gas tank to almost 3/4 a night before the cycle and parked the truck.
2.Started the truck in the morning and let it heat for a couple of minutes. then I jumped on the highway and drove at about 60-62mph for about 10 minutes or untill the Evap Monitor is complete. (Do not shut down your engine during this cycle. You have to complete this monitor within 30minutes since you start the engince)

Next I got off the highway to complete the Catalyst Monitor. You just have to drive in stop and go traffic with 5 different cruise speeds ranging from 25 to 45, give 4 minutes to each cruise speed. If you did the cycle without the scanner, I suggest you check at autozone or wherever you can get a scanner that all of the monitors have completed before you go to get it inspect it.

WHY DID FORD HAVE TO MAKE THIS ***T SO COMPLICATED

Last edited by screw150; 06-10-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Failed OBD for inspection