Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Factory Subwoofer???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Factory Subwoofer???

My 08 HD F150 Screw has the factory installed powered sub under the seat. Well It ws just at the dealer for the climate control issue. And since I only get to drive the truck on the weekends "the wife drives it every day" I turned on the radio 5 days after she picked up the truck and I have no sound out of the sub.Now I do not know if it worked when she picked it up or not.She took it back yesterday thinking a 5 minute fix like leaving something unhooked but that was not found.She only had 2 hours to wait and they buttoned it back up so she could go.What could be the issue???I was hoping for a quick fix but does not seem to be the case.I am tired of dropping it off and going back to pick it up.If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it,and yes the fuse is good...
Old 12-11-2009, 03:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd pull the radio and see if the sub connector is still connected/seated properly with no broken wires. They may have pulled the radio when working on the climate stuff and forgot to re-hook the sub harness. If it looks fine, then use a sharp probe and check for current on the sub wires. This will at least tell you if the problem is with the HU or the wiring/amp/sub.

Getting the radio out only involves popping off the trim piece and removing a couple screws.

Quick Reply: Factory Subwoofer???