Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

F150 Newbie desperate need for help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F150 Newbie desperate need for help!

hi guys, I am new to the f150 scene, i dont own one yet but i am very set on getting one, I have found one that i looked at outside and peaked thru the windows at and it looked amazing and in immacualte condition but it has 186k kms not miles so about 112k miles on it and they are askign 19,000, it is an 2006 fx4 with leather and moonroof and the optional 20 inch wheels, is this a good deal? would you guys recomend a high kilometer truck like this? thanks, mike.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that is way too much for that truck, look on auto trader. i wouldn't pay over 16 for that truck
Old 10-12-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
that is way too much for that truck, look on auto trader. i wouldn't pay over 16 for that truck
ok but given it is at a suzuki dealer and im not sure if they include something in there like free oil changes or such, but the truck is in showroom condition, i havent taken it for a drive yet. but do you think a truck with that many kms will give me problems? I hear they are super reliable if you do regular oil changes.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ATOM
WAY to MUCH!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:33 PM

From past experience,,,,, don't buy with more than 16,000 miles on it used for the previous year or more.

The more miles, you have to worry about things such as did the previous owner take care of tire rotations (not a big deal ?), filter changes, oil changes, the fact that you have to replace the tires, do the multi-miles servicing, replace tires, replacing the brakes, etc..... add all of these things add up depending on the above thoughts plus thoughts I didn't mention here (I'm in a hurry tonight).....
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the dealership you are speaking of. It is the one in Newmarket. I bought my 06 FX4 from them. There are not very good to deal with if you have an issue with it. The service Manager there is also not an easy person to deal with. However if you decide to buy from them you can easily get that truck from them for 15-16 thousand if you are paying cash not financing through them. Make sure if you have any issue's with the truck when you put an offer on it, its in writing right on the offer to protect your self. They will say and do anything they can to get out of helping you if something goes wrong with the vehicle. I also know for a fact that the service manager claims his tech's in the shop are trainned from Ford and came from a dealership this is however untrue a good majority of them are not even licensed, a good example would be when the installed the front pads on my truck for the saftey they put the clips that hold the pad into the caliper backwards causing the brakes to squel. After taking it there two different times they told me there was nothing wrong with them it was just because the pads needed to be broken in. needless to say I went home and fixed it myself and never went back there. Just my two cents.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:11 PM

yes it is in newmarket at the suzuki dealership. this truck happen to catch my eye. I would be doing all servicing through ford unless they are willing to give me some kind of plan. how are they at making deals pretty easy? and what are the trucks like? if you live in the area or have been by it is the red fx4 outfront, i was gonna try to get them to switch the tonneu cover from another truck onto this one as well as a bed extender. do they offer warrantys? thanks!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bought an 06 fx4 for $12,000 before this depression hit... had 124k miles... and now, wouldn't buy one for more than $9500, for anything over 100k miles... and even if they give you an extended warranty, i wouldn't trust suzuki to actually know what they are doing on it
Old 10-12-2009, 11:24 PM

that is WAY too much. a friend of mine bought an 06 lariat with about 13,000 miles on it for about 20,000.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do offer a warranty but its really not very good. Its from an outside company and it only covers very certain things you have to pay for all diagnostic work, fluid, filters etc. You can bargin them down but they are very stingy. I kind of wish I did not buy my truck from them but hey hind sight is 20/20. I feel like they are way over priced and most of the trucks there come from Ford dealers that dont want to sell them on their lots because of the condition they are in, not so much in the cleanliness but mechanical wise. Most of them have not had the proper regular maintanence done to them. I would say that they are over priced on all there vehicles. Like I said if you can get it for about 15-16 out the door everything included it might not be to bad. However that is pretty high mileage so you need to keep that in your head to. I do'nt know how well you know the area but McApline Ford on Yonge St. just before you get into Aurora usually has a couple of used trucks in there and they are in much better condition and they will make deals pretty well. I am pretty sure you can buy a service plan through them as well.

Quick Reply: F150 Newbie desperate need for help!