Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

F-150 Saleen SDT Exhaust compared to others.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-150 Saleen SDT Exhaust compared to others.......

Hello, I am a new guy here and had a question. I just bought a 2008 FX2 5.4L SuperCrew and the first thing I want to do is get an exhaust system. Not really looking put together a custom kit, just purchase a Cat-Back kit. I just now saw and heard the Roush Off Road exhaust and it sounds awesome, but I don't like the rear exit too much. I've read a lot about how Magnaflow is a good way to go also. However, I've been looking at the Saleen SDT Cat-back system and am leaning towards that one because I can get a new kit for about $200. So I guess my question would be.....how does the Saleen SDT Cat-back kit compare(tone at idle and WOT, drone, etc...) to the Roush Off-Road and similar Magnaflow and Flowmaster kits? I haven't heard the Saleen kit so that's pretty much what is stopping me from purchasing one now. Is it worth it for $200? Also, what can I expect to pay for the Roush kit? I only see one seller on eBay that had it for about $570 but I dunno if other places have them cheaper. Also, anyone know if there is a Roush kit with side exits behind the rear tires? Thanks a lot to anyone who can help me out.

Quick Reply: F-150 Saleen SDT Exhaust compared to others.......