Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Extra options that are wired but not offered

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra options that are wired but not offered

Hey everyone. FNG here. I just got my 06 XLT 4X4 and took the center console apart and noticed that there are a lot of plugs on either side of the lighter that do not attach to anything. Does anyone know what these go to and if they are for options that I can easily add to the truck?

I just got the truck a month ago and I am still exploring all of the different things that is possible to update in this truck so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

It's a turkey shoot at best. In other words, certain models have some (not all) wiring looms in the dash, and in the carpet area for the Audiophile (factory amp). As to if they all work for certain features or not have been tried with some success, but again it depends on the model. For example, some folks have added factory power door locks and windows, some like myself cannot (I have the standard STX) as I do not have all the optional factory wiring.

Your best bet would be to pick an option, search it here on this forum, and see if someone mentioned that the wiring was already there for the XLT models (which you have).
Old 03-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, gotta go with Bucko..... the plug may be there, but is the other end " plugged in"?.............

also, if you have a truck manufactured late in the model year, the factory might have startad using a wire harness ready for the next model year's updated options..............

Quick Reply: Extra options that are wired but not offered