Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Extang Trifecta Tonneu Cover whats your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Extang Trifecta Tonneu Cover whats your opinion

Extang Trifecta Tonneu Cover

So i had to "cut" my vynle bed cover today to send the "Lot Code" back to the manufacturer to get a replacement as the corners of the cover are all peeling up two years later - while i'm happy with this cover it started peeling up six months after being installed - any opinions? What do you all think of these covers?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

When I first got the cover I fell in love with it, love the ease of opening and closing and removal when having to load my quad in the back of the truck. Went on a trip last year and a friend of mine opened it and then closed it when he was done,what I didn't know is that he never locked it back down I had to go into town a little while later and when I hit around 60 the top went flying open and then slamming back down breaking a pair of the hinges.when we got home from the trip I called extang and explained exactly what happened they sent me 2 new hinges NO cost to me as far as cust service to me they are excellent.BUT the damn thing leaks water and can't figure out were or how it's getting in it's really pissing me off it was water tight for quite awhile and now it leaks, I've water tested it with no results it only seems to get water when its a long hard rain which it is making me think it's seeping through the cover it self,I guess I should call them and see what they say.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No contest get the BakFlip It is awesome and uses the factory lock on you tailgate to secure your gear and it can be folded all the way up to haul anything you want with out taking up any bed space. Took like 10 miuntes to istall and comes with drain tubes that go in the factory drain holes in you bed. It snows a ton here and can hold all the snow on the bed cover. Mine was damaged due to hail but then again they where 1 inch stones and dented my whole truck to hell!!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i am happy with this cover - for some reason this one i have now is not completly water tight the way it sits on the truck the cover is almost a quater inch too short to keep it water tight - it just needed that extra even eighth of an inch. but no complaints only issue is that i couldnt find the damn stamp they put in it until i fianlly looked under one of the corner edges - i got over my leaking issue by installing some weather stripping of my own around door seals... CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS GREAT a simple phone call, a quick story and a couple emailed digital photo and i was told i'll have new cover in ten days....
Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
2008 XLT Supercrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this cover and am quite satisfied with it. I had snap down soft covers before and while I would prefer them in the summer (due to the fact that they will get completely out of your way when you unsnap and roll them up), the trifecta is much better the other 3 seasons (shrinkage ya know). I do not have leaks. It is easy to take off when you need that last 1/3 of the truck bed open and easy to put back on. However, you need a place to put it (like in your garage) so that is not really an option when away from home when the need arises.

If it wasn't for the effort of taking them off when needed I would love a hard cover painted to match the truck. I personally do not like the looks of the hard black tri-folds, although there is certainly something to be said for the way they fold almost completely out of the way and the added security.

Quick Reply: Extang Trifecta Tonneu Cover whats your opinion