Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Exhaust recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust recommendations

Hello all! New member here. i have a 2008 F-150 Limited with 113,000 miles. I'm looking into getting some dual exhaust put on and wanted some good recommendations. I was looking between the Magnaflow Magnapack or a Flowmaster muffler. I like the deep tone that Magnaflow has, but a lot of people say Magnaflow is too quite. Any thoughts ?

Old 08-23-2016, 05:23 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Philly, our 16520 catback system is a dual rear exit, and gives your truck the powerful, deep sound it deserves, without being to aggressive to drive daily. If you were leaning more towards doing a muffler swap, you can easily tailor the size of your muffler to the volume you are looking for. If you have any questions, please let us know. We're always happy to help!
Old 08-24-2016, 04:47 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

People might be comparing the loudness between them where Magnaflow is not that loud but they does sounds great.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
WJA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wanting a little more sound but not much, as I am an old man now, but still have a straight through system. Narrowed it down to dropping off the resonator only, or going with the largest Maganflow (my favorite over time) and leave resonator on. At the last moment, I went for the new muffler, hoping to get a small benefit from the straight through system, and added an additional resonator, hoping to avoid the drone the 5.0 seems to be famous for. After the new system was on I walked over to the junk pile where he threw my former muffler and looked STRAIGHT THROUGH it. Never would have guessed! Would have just dropped the resonator for a little more sound had I known that. The muffler guys did not know that either. Amazing how they can keep it so quiet with a straight through pipe. Hats off to Ford boys on that; just let the world know. 2016 SCrew 4X4 5.0

Quick Reply: Exhaust recommendations