Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Exhaust Question/problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Hold my beer, watch this!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Exhaust Question/problem

Alright guys, I've been on the site for a little while now and I have gotten alot of great ideas from y'all. But I have a question that seems to be unique to me. I got to looking at the exhaust on my truck the other day. I knew it wasnt stock from how deep and loud my truck is. The problem lies in that coming out of the manifold i have one 2 3/4 inch pipe, which then goes into what seems to be a three inch (or bigger) piece of pipe. From there the bigger piece of pipe goes into a flowmaster or flowmaster knockoff. Then coming out of the Flowmaster are two 2 3/4 inch pipes. So in short I have a 1 in 2 out exhaust with what seems to be a rigged up pipe system. Do y'all think the diffrent sizes will mess anything up with the exhaust or should I just leave it alone and buy some tips? (Working without tips now). I appreciate your time and any comments/ reccomendations.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by War_Eagle89
Alright guys, I've been on the site for a little while now and I have gotten alot of great ideas from y'all. But I have a question that seems to be unique to me. I got to looking at the exhaust on my truck the other day. I knew it wasnt stock from how deep and loud my truck is. The problem lies in that coming out of the manifold i have one 2 3/4 inch pipe, which then goes into what seems to be a three inch (or bigger) piece of pipe. From there the bigger piece of pipe goes into a flowmaster or flowmaster knockoff. Then coming out of the Flowmaster are two 2 3/4 inch pipes. So in short I have a 1 in 2 out exhaust with what seems to be a rigged up pipe system. Do y'all think the diffrent sizes will mess anything up with the exhaust or should I just leave it alone and buy some tips? (Working without tips now). I appreciate your time and any comments/ reccomendations.
The pipes coming from the manifolds are smaller because each side only handles the exhaust ports from the 4 cylinders on that side. Then they "Y" into the larger diameter pipe because at that point the exhaust for all 8 cylinders is combined. Therefore warranting the need for larger diameter pipe. Make sense? The 1 into 2 muffler is perfectly normal. It is more for looks than anything in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question/problem