Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

excessorizin advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default excessorizin advice

hey i got my 06 F150 n i got about a thousand bucks to play with. i got a levelin kit on it only right now. any suggestions?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:51 PM

Details of the truck? Pictures? Would help.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 PM

sry, new to the forum and i dont no how to work on a computer really well at all. its a 2006 F150 4X4 fareside. everything is stock on it except i just have a leveling kit on it. n i have no clue how to put pictures up on here.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:02 PM

truck
Attached Thumbnails excessorizin advice-img_0060.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Well welcome to the site! And that's a good lookin truck. As far as accessories, it really depends what you want. Looks or performance? You could get rims/tires. Or programmer, exhaust, and intake.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 PM

thanks! happy i found this so i can ask for help! its already helped out alot. um right now looks. this truck only has a 4.6 in it sadly so performace isent at the top of my list. future maybe, but right now im goin for apperences. my goal for this truck is to make everything on it either black or white. i just finished paintin my eblemes black, my wheels are next. thats an old picture from when i first bought it in sept. last year. i have bran new TKOs on it now. i just ordered some black 4x4 decals to replace the factory ones. im thinkin about headlights next. been lookin alot into projection headlights. found some, kinda pricy, 300 bucks. and im gonna take my tail lights off and paint them black.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jjiimmyy55
thanks! happy i found this so i can ask for help! its already helped out alot. um right now looks. this truck only has a 4.6 in it sadly so performace isent at the top of my list. future maybe, but right now im goin for apperences. my goal for this truck is to make everything on it either black or white. i just finished paintin my eblemes black, my wheels are next. thats an old picture from when i first bought it in sept. last year. i have bran new TKOs on it now. i just ordered some black 4x4 decals to replace the factory ones. im thinkin about headlights next. been lookin alot into projection headlights. found some, kinda pricy, 300 bucks. and im gonna take my tail lights off and paint them black.
Yeah it's a pretty good site! And in that case, I'd put tint on. And definitely black out your tail lights. I used duplicolor tint spray (you can get it at autozone for $12) and it turned out ok. (pics below). And you could get headlights. I haven't decided on if I'm gonna take mine apart and paint them or buy new ones. And if you want, you could get new rims, black ones are pretty cheap. I have the Pro Comp 7031s. Oh, and I would do the 3rd Brake Light too.
Attached Thumbnails excessorizin advice-image-1646355202.jpg   excessorizin advice-image-1726800886.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2011, 05:33 PM

sharp! i like the wheels you got! i bought some stuff from auto zone acutally, cant remember what its called, its in my shop. but dude said it is ilegal to run on raods so i guess i just gotta be careful. i just went to a auto show n was so close to buyin some but they only had 17s. my factory wheels are 18s. i think that im gonna paint my wheels. any advice as far as headlights?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by jjiimmyy55
sharp! i like the wheels you got! i bought some stuff from auto zone acutally, cant remember what its called, its in my shop. but dude said it is ilegal to run on raods so i guess i just gotta be careful. i just went to a auto show n was so close to buyin some but they only had 17s. my factory wheels are 18s. i think that im gonna paint my wheels. any advice as far as headlights?
Thanks. And really, he said it's illegal? Hmmm. I guess it just depends on where you live and what kind of cops you're dealing with and how dark you make them. It said on the can not to apply more than 3 coats or you run the risk of it being too dark but I didn't give a s**t so I did a lot more than 3. Lol and as far as headlights, it depends again. I know you probably want black but oem style, projectors?.. And your rims will look decent if you do a good job prepping and painting.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 PM

to be honest i could care less about cops, im a good talker, i just seperated active military after 5 yrs and 3 deployments and was a cop while i was in, and i drive safely so i don think they woudl mess with me over dark tail lights. i hope they will, im pretty detailed person so yeah im gonna be takin my time. deff deff black head lights, i found some pretty nice ones but i just dont wanna do an impluse buy on em. i read horror storys about aftermarket headlights fillin up with water n things like that. i read the post and instructions on here for paintin my factory lights, you no where any info is on how to paint em?!

Quick Reply: excessorizin advice