Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Engine running rough and Engine Light on

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Catch22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine running rough and Engine Light on

2005 F150 SCREW w/ 5.4. Drove the truck into work Wed. and on the highway at about 65-70 I feel a vibration. I first thought it was just the road surface - because it eventually stopped. It came back and I realized it was the engine and not wheel related because if I got off the throttle it would smooth out - the engine light would come on, go out, and stay on for awhile. When stopped at the first light, it idled fine. Second light it was stumbling a little. At slow speeds while accelerating the engine would sometimes really stumble and you could feel a pretty strong vibration in the steering wheel. Got on the phone with my buddy who is a Ford mechanic and he told me he'd take a look Thursday night. Long story short - he initially thought it was an injector because after throwing it onto a laptop, Cylinder 7 power band was way low. Replaced Injector and same result. We put in a new COP and problem solved. From what he told me, Ford is running a campaign right now because there is a known issue with the injectors on the 2005 5.4's. The injector and labor for a single injector was covered by FoMoCo - and I was supposed to get a free oil change out of it too. But it was late, cold and I was hungry and I had just ordered pizza. So people might want to check into it if they experience the same issue. To top the night off of getting my truck fixed for free - there was a paintless dent removal tech working in the next bay. I was talking with him as he worked. I asked him if he'd give me his card because I'd like to have some work done on my truck. He took a look, pulled out his tools and took the 2 annoying door dings on my driver side doors. Then he says Merry Christmas - That was really cool . Happy Holidays everyone
The following users liked this post:
05kingranchOnt (10-27-2013)
Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Good for u man...it never ends on a happy note like that usually...Merry Christmas for real

Quick Reply: Engine running rough and Engine Light on