Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Electrical issue fuse 32

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 09:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Electrical issue fuse 32

Bought an 05 f150 with a recently rebuilt motor. The truck ran absolutely perfect till the other day. As I was driving along I started to loose power check engine light came on and the wrench light started flashing. I ran codes.

P0010
P0020
P0135
P0155
P0446

As soon as I turn the key to start the truck fuse 32 blows.
I've unplugged both pre cat o2 sensors. Both VCT's. The MAF sensor. The AC clutch relay. Fuse still blows. All wiring was nicely electrical taped when the engine was done. Nothing appears melted or damaged.

I'm stumped at this point. Every post I've found about this was either a damaged wire or a bad VCT. The faulty VCTs were discovered because when unplugged the fuse wouldn't blow. I've basically ruled that out because mine still blows.

I have no experience with vehicle wiring. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....
Old 04-18-2016, 08:31 PM

Bump
Old 04-19-2016, 10:43 PM

Here's an update of what I've done so far. Just in case someone finds this and has suggestions or if someone in the future has the same problem I will keep posting until I find a solution

I've unplugged the vapor management valve (on the firewall drivers side) the AC clutch relay (#202 located on the driver's side wheel well in the little black box) the canister vent (located under the spare tire) both pre cat O2 sensors (on the exhaust under truck one on each side) the CMCV (behind the intake manifold) the mass airflow sensor (drivers side of the air intake) and both CVTs. (1 on/in each valve cover) Everything that connects to fuse 32. As far as I know according the diagram I've found. Fuse still blows with everything disconnected.

I also did a continuity test on the red wire with a yellow stripe that runs to all of the above-mentioned parts. Every plug to every part failed the continuity test.

It's obvious my wires are grounding out somewhere now it's just a matter of finding out where.

If anyone has any suggestions of how to make this easy or easier I would appreciate your input. Thanks
Old 04-21-2016, 06:51 PM

I stumbled Upon A couple more post about fuse 33. It appears fuse 32 and 33 both passed through the firewall into a 16 pin connector under the hood. Once I unplugged at 16 pin connector and tried another fuse it still blew.

I unplugged the connector with the red and yellow wire where it leaves the fuse panel and for the first time the fuse did not blow. Now with both of those areas unplugged it only fails continuity at the EVAP sensor and the AC clutch relay I believe these must be separate of the 16 prong connector.

I'm getting closer. With the ECM disconnected the fuse still blows as well.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:27 PM

It's finally fixed. Somebody had run a power wire to the backseat that they spliced into the red and yellow wire under the plastic cover on the floor of the door jamb. When they disconnected this wire from whatever it was connected to they simply cut it and never capped it of. It was grounding out on the metal body the truck.

If you ever experienced this problem start by disconnecting all the parts that I listed and seeing if you're fuse still blows. If it still blows follow the red and yellow wire and you'll find your problem. If it does not blow start plugging in the parts got the red and yellow wire runs to one by one until that fuse blows and you'll have found the problem.

I hope this maybe help someone in the future.
The following 2 users liked this post by Socobarbell:
07KR (04-22-2016), Randy J (02-24-2017)

Quick Reply: Electrical issue fuse 32