Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Electrical! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Electrical! Help!

Ok, I know this is a long shot as most people including me avoid electrical....

I have an 04 XLT. I have a series of unfortunate events. Listed from less to more annoying....

cabin lights= come on and go off to every bump while door is open example would be climbing in and out of truck, or closing center console. will stay on if you turn the lights on with switch instead of door switch.

Front 12v Acc= does not work cig lighter and rear 12v acc does.

Passenger window= slow

Belt minder = does not recognize belt is fastened if done after starting only when it is below 60 degrees. works fine in warmer temps.

Airbag light = This is the big one..... Works on and off. Was giving 42 code. (front collision sensor) Sensor replaced as of today. Light also will work more in warmer temps than cooler. Hitting bumps will make it work sometimes. Sometimes dimmer or brighter. Most of the time not working causing the series of tones by 5 in sets of 5. ( Audible alert to let you know your SRS system is not working.) Repeats every half hour of driving. The bulb is an LED soldered into the interment cluster not an incandescent like the high beam, turn signal, etc.

Since all of these problems arose around the same time, and get worse with cold weather I am thinking a ground issue somewhere......

Is this a possibility? if so where are the ground locations so that I may check them.

Anyone other theories?
Old 03-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Also forgot to list things checked already:

Fuses
Replaced belt latches in front
Replaced Front collision sensor

Thanks again for any help!
Old 03-10-2016, 08:56 PM

As an update, and a bump, The impact sensor install did get the tones to stop, but there still is not a SRS light working. I do not know if the beeping stopping is going to be permanent yet. It could just be because I reset the codes by taking the negative free ( so that working on the sensor did not blow an airbag by mistake)

I really would like to figure out the problem. i may have to take it in to an electrical shop to get it right.

Quick Reply: Electrical! Help!