Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Electric Window Speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Electric Window Speed

When we got the '06, it came with manual cranking windows so we got the stealership to install a set of electric motors and switches. And they are slow as

It literally takes like a minute to put each window up, longer if you do both at the same time.

Is there anyway to speed this up somehow?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voltage and Current

Check with a manual or call the dealership and find out what the Voltage or Amperage is supposed to be. Being in the Electrical field that's where i'd start. It's possible there is a short or open somewhere depending on the schematic causing you to have less voltage or current. You'd think that the voltage would be 12 volts but who knows what kind of dividers it goes through. Another suggestion is that the switches aren't making good contact I've seen that as well. You could try buying a cheap switch from radioshack and using that just to help diagnose the problem. Electrical problems are a pain good luck.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM

I've experienced a few electrical problems in the past so I hear that lol
Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

The rubber scrapers at the glass base could also be causing friction, although if the window went up/down with ease on a manual crank, it should not be an issue.

There could be binding within the "X" brackets or cable drive. How old is this conversion that the dealership did for you?

I'd be concerned, as low amperage or binding places a load on the electric motor, which is not that easy (or cheap) of a job to do, or have done.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM

Right from the day we brought it brand new. We got the salesman to throw it in on the deal

Quick Reply: Electric Window Speed