Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Egde EVO with other Non Stock Mods ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Egde EVO with other Non Stock Mods ??

I just received my EVO and in reading the manual its states that it is only designed to run on 'Stock' trucks. It specifies that an aftermarket Exhaust and/or CAI is not recommended as it may cause an excessively lean condition and may damage the motor.

It doesn't make sense to me, do people really only buy the programmer and not upgrade anything else?

Has anyone heard of problems with using the EVO with other rmods?

Thanks for the help....!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Don't worry about that you should be fine, they are just trying to cover there butts in-case someone tries to sue them. However you won't be able to change parameters that would pertain to CAI and aftermarket exhausts to receive more performance from these add-ons unless you get a custom Gryphon Tune for your Edge Evo

Hope that helps!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 PM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
Don't worry about that you should be fine, they are just trying to cover there butts in-case someone tries to sue them. However you won't be able to change parameters that would pertain to CAI and aftermarket exhausts to receive more performance from these add-ons unless you get a custom Gryphon Tune for your Edge Evo

Hope that helps!
Picking up my edge evo tomorow.Was wondering the same thing.I have cat back duel exaust and the gots mod.I should be fine tho right and not run lean?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you guys just need to get some custom mail order tunes.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks!

I appreciate the quick responses. I think I'll run this way for awhile then upgrade to a Gryphon later after a few more mods!!!

Thanks again

Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 PM
VanoFord2

Originally Posted by rick99601
you guys just need to get some custom mail order tunes.
Oh i plan to send it off about Feb/March time frame to get costumed tunes.There's about a 2month lag time from sending it in,to getting it back.So by the time i get mine back,its good to go,weather is nice out and can get to it.Just for now with winter approaching,i can wait on the custom tune.Just for now want to play around with it,get uses to its functions all that good stuff

So again,with my cat back dual exhaust and gots mod i shouldn't be running rich right?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 PM
I Like Tires

Originally Posted by Skull31
Oh i plan to send it off about Feb/March time frame to get costumed tunes.There's about a 2month lag time from sending it in,to getting it back.So by the time i get mine back,its good to go,weather is nice out and can get to it.Just for now with winter approaching,i can wait on the custom tune.Just for now want to play around with it,get uses to its functions all that good stuff

So again,with my cat back dual exhaust and gots mod i shouldn't be running rich right?
I've seen other people on the forums with similar setups paired with an Edge Evo and they havent reported any problems
Old 09-23-2010, 11:19 PM
VanoFord2

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
I've seen other people on the forums with similar setups paired with an Edge Evo and they havent reported any problems
Hope not any problems here with it.Looking forward to getting it and waking my truck up.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 PM
I Like Tires

Originally Posted by Skull31
Hope not any problems here with it.Looking forward to getting it and waking my truck up.
Hint: Advance you spark with a tank of AVGas in the truck
But if you get pulled over, might want to turn off the truck so the cop doesnt smell something suspicious and decide to check your tank for blue fuel.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honestly i think you probably do need custom tunes my truck will run obviously lean at night when the weather gets better. and im running the evo with an exhaust and a drop in k&n filter (not a cai) it does it on tow and extreme

Quick Reply: Egde EVO with other Non Stock Mods ??