Originally Posted by Mekso
I own a 2004 F150 FX4 5.4. It is completely stock with thte exception of the flowmaster dual exhuast i recently installed. I am planning to purchase an edge evolution programmer soon. I decided to go with the edge evolution for its reputation, dash pod, and ease of installation.
In the near future I plan to level the truck 2 - 3 inches and install 33 inch tires on 18 inch rims. A CAI is also in the works for the near future.
My questions are this:
1. Will the edge programmer be able to recalibrate its files when I add he cai and lift?
2. Can the edge reset the speedometer once the truck is lifted so it will read accuratley.
3. Since my truck is not quite a daily driver, but not quite a weekend driving vehicle either, are the canned mods in the edge evolution able to increase my gas mileage once the truck is lifted?
1. the evo is meant for stock trucks, it cant compensate for the extra airflow that you get from a CAI.
2. Lifting your truck wont affect your speedo, but bigger tire will. the edge has setting so that you can tell it what size tire you are running and it will display the right speed and also make sure that your tranny is calibrated for the added size.
3. There isnt really any noticable gain in MPG that i have been able to really notice. maybe a slight gain but nothing to do flips about. and if your adding a level and bigger tires then that not going ot help the cause either.