Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge, "gryphon" SCT best overall octane/tune choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Ive just got finished purchasing my brand new edge "gryphon" CS tuner. My custom tunes are......
89 tow
89 performance
93 performance
I have a volant CAI, and rear cat delete dual exhaust for mods. I'm currently running the SCT Xcalibrator 2 strategy flash with great success, but I wanted monitoring capabilities, dash integration, and custom tunes to fit my application to the T.
Im wondering if anybody here has dealt with PHP and was able to retain all 3 canned tunes, while adding 3 custom tunes, + their own stored stock tune. This would chalk up to 7 tunes total. Had anybody done this with their gryphon??? I don't want my canned tunes to disappear in place of my custom tunes if I can prevent that at all. This way I can bring my gryphon on long trips in my other Fords and at least run canned tunes.

So what's everybody running for custom tunes on their edge or "gryphon", and their SCT devices???
List your octane choices....
Tow or performance .....
Engine Modifications......
Let's see em!!!

Last edited by Especial86; 04-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

On the CS, if you tell Bill that you want to keep the canned tunes he will not overwrite them when Fusion is loading them on. The CS/CTS can hold ~20 tunes at a time.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by otto457
On the CS, if you tell Bill that you want to keep the canned tunes he will not overwrite them when Fusion is loading them on. The CS/CTS can hold ~20 tunes at a time.
That's exactly what I want to do...what's the best way to tell them? I already emailed Corey asking this, but got no reply yet.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Custom Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Especial86

That's exactly what I want to do...what's the best way to tell them? I already emailed Corey asking this, but got no reply yet.
Dont expect a reply ha from my experience pretty much nobodys emails get answered mine didnt either
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 AM

Yeah, nobody answered the phone there either. I have heard they are tough bunch to get ahold of at times.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 AM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

Yeah Bill has been out of the office with Corey as she is going through some major health issues right now. Best bet is to either try calling or use their live chat on their website.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 AM

That would explain why my order isn't processed yet. Is this health emergency serious enough to cripple the company for weeks? If something terrible happens, does this mean I picked the worst possible time to get a gryphon? I hope all turns out well over at PHP.
I tried live chat, but nobody's there either. It seems all lines of communication are down, even the forum has nobody online. I really just want some clarity on keeping my canned tunes, and adding my custom tunes, giving me 6 total tunes + stock. If I can simply get some confirmation that this will be the case on my gryphon, then I can relax.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:04 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

When you fill out the order form, i believe its the last step before hitting done, itll ask you what custom tunes you want. When i did mine i had 3 options for tunes since I have the Edge. So i kept 2 canned tunes and had a custom 87 performance. Since you are getting the CS and apparently it can hold a lot of tunes, your options for picking tunes on their order form should tell you all you need to know. It should give you the option for a bunch of tunes. So select which custom tunes you want and also select the canned ones you want to keep. The stock one should always be an option so you dont have to worry about that. I would say go through the entire order process (fill out all the forms) and see if you can keep the tunes you want. Like i said it should be the last page before hitting "order". Just fill out the online forms and if you encounter a problem or it answers your question then you should be good to go. This might help while you wait to get into contact with them.

I got my confirmation email 3 days after i ordered my custom tune for my Edge. They said i should get it on the 27th. That is a little over 3 weeks from when i ordered it. Almost the 4-6 week average that they usually tell people to wait.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:11 AM

I already ordered and got 3 custom tunes. There was only 3 choice boxes for tunes so I believe we both saw the same tune choice screen..............There was no provision or place in the form for a special request to keep canned tunes while having custom tunes simaltaniously.
My order has not been processed yet. My goal here is to have 6 tunes + my stock tune on my programmer when all is said and done. I hear that the fusion software is known to wipe out your custom tunes when you update, so after I update and then load my custom tunes, I won't be updating my firmware again, unless I want another custom tune.
So to be completely clear, I just want all my tunes, custom and canned. But since there is no response at PHP (phone, forum, live chat, email), and no spot on the form for such a request, I feel like there is no way for anybody to hear or even acknowledge my request. It's just frustrating because I have way to many questions and no concrete answers.

I saw you just got your order the other day on the PHP forum, congratulations!..... Did you get your edge In the mail yet?

Last edited by Especial86; 04-10-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had my order with them since the 20th of Feb and still waiting! Got my invoice right away and they said they should have it done by the 20th of March. Date came and gone and called, emailed, live chat and still no response. I know the are busy, but im starting to get irritated since I dropped 180 bucks (back in Feb) and still waiting on my tunes and cant even reach them to get an update.

Quick Reply: Edge, "gryphon" SCT best overall octane/tune choices