Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

edge evolution-unlock fee?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default edge evolution-unlock fee?

Well I'm possibly going to buy a used edge evo off of craigslist. Texted the guy, asked him if he returned it to stock before he sold his truck and he pretty much had no idea that you had to do that. So, it's most likely vin locked, and I'm trying to get him down on the price.
How much is it to get unlocked? I did some searching and I found either 75$ or 100$, but I wasn't positive. PHP and edge are the only people that can do it, right?

Last edited by Roseand; 04-28-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 PM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Tell him to plug it up to his vehicle and set to stock? Then it unlocks it self. Same with hypertech and superchips
Old 04-27-2014, 10:42 PM

That's the thing..he sold his truck,without realizing you have to set the programmer back to stock. lol
Old 04-27-2014, 11:07 PM

How much is he selling it for.. because its prolly gonna cost you 100 and prolly gonna have to send it in
Old 04-27-2014, 11:24 PM

I just found this on powerhungry's website. It costs 75$ and you don't have to send it in..they do it online.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:30 PM

Well go for it lol
Old 04-28-2014, 09:01 PM

Well he was originally asking 150$, and he said he'd come down if it actually was locked. Well, he sold it without updating me on the status of it lol..Supposedly sold it for 150$ even though it needed to be unlocked. Still not a bad deal I guess.
But!
There was a guy selling some stuff and I asked if he'd sell the diablosport predator tuner seperate, and he said he would for 150$. It's a year old, and includes everything. Thoughts?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:11 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Roseand
Well he was originally asking 150$, and he said he'd come down if it actually was locked. Well, he sold it without updating me on the status of it lol..Supposedly sold it for 150$ even though it needed to be unlocked. Still not a bad deal I guess.
But!
There was a guy selling some stuff and I asked if he'd sell the diablosport predator tuner seperate, and he said he would for 150$. It's a year old, and includes everything. Thoughts?
Hi.

Which model? Most Predators are discontinued products ( replaced by Trinity, etc). Some only hold one tune, and getting these things custom tuned is a pain compared to SCT's vast custom tuning dealer network.

I'd hold on to yer money and wait for a good deal on an unlocked SCT X3 / SF3. Diablo's are unremarkable.

Don't rush this purchase and make a "buyer's remorse" mistake, or receive a locked device in yer haste - yer truck won't mind

Lastly - IF you do see a used device you like, Insist on the seller sending you a pic of the device's status screen where it confirms the device is not VIN-locked. Post that pic here if necessary if yer not sure what yer looking at.

Walk away if he/she/it refuses. Lotsa corksoaking crooks out there.

good luck!
MGD

Last edited by MGD; 04-28-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by MGD
Hi.

Which model? Most Predators are discontinued products ( replaced by Trinity, etc). Some only hold one tune, and getting these things custom tuned is a pain compared to SCT's vast custom tuning dealer network.

I'd hold on to yer money and wait for a good deal on an unlocked SCT X3 / SF3. Diablo's are unremarkable.

Don't rush this purchase and make a "buyer's remorse" mistake, or receive a locked device in yer haste - yer truck won't mind

Lastly - IF you do see a used device you like, Insist on the seller sending you a pic of the device's status screen where it confirms the device is not VIN-locked. Post that pic here if necessary if yer not sure what yer looking at.

Walk away if he/she/it refuses. Lotsa corksoaking crooks out there.

good luck!
MGD
Thanks for the advice
It's a diablosport predator u7151. The guy said it is unlocked, and it looks like that model has a couple canned tunes and you can also customize your own. I'd probably just be using the 87 oct performance tune, and I'd like to have it so I can adjust my tire size when I get my 295/70r18s. I would probably offer him lower than 150$, but even for 150$, it seems like a decent deal. I did some research, looks like you can still get updates and downloads for it online as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 PM

The guy said he'd plug it into my truck to prove that it works before I'd buy it, so that's always good..

Quick Reply: edge evolution-unlock fee?