Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge Evo+K&N CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
one shot one kill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge Evo+K&N CAI

I have a question-
I have the K&N CAI on my truck now. i am looking into getting the edge evo. i read that you cant run the cai with the edge. i was wondering if this is true or not? i find it hard to believe that you cant. do any one you run this set up. does anyone suggest a different programmer? thanks guys
Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 AM

i have the edge evo with a volant cai
Old 05-12-2009, 10:16 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

run an SCT Xcal3 instead.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

^^ Yeah... What he said. I don't know why ('cause I don't have a tuner) but he supports them like he's on the payroll. Must be a good product.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
one shot one kill

Default gryphon?

i've been looking at the gryphon because i like to edge but i am running the CAI already so some custom tunes maybe just what i am looking for. is anyone running the gryphon? if you are how is the power but i am also worried about screwing my tranny. and how is their customer svc?
thanks
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM
one shot one kill

Default gryphon?

i've been looking at the gryphon because i like to edge but i am running the CAI already so some custom tunes maybe just what i am looking for. is anyone running the gryphon? if you are how is the power but i am also worried about screwing my tranny. and how is their customer svc?
thanks
Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 PM
06 stx

I have a K&N CAI, and Diablo Sport Predator. In the past performance computer work I've done (mustangs & lightning trucks) the only thing I have ran into problems with is C&L mass air meters, and tuners. The reason for this is that the C&L MAFS is a larger diameter then stock, without a change to the sampling tube size, in sense leaning the motor out, safely. The tuners also lean the motor out, that is why you cannot run that set up. If you did the motor would be way to lean and would have detonation issues even on 93 octane. But for u the K&N moves the MAFS into the tube, but the tube is the same diameter as the stock meter, so you will be fine.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Everybody on here always says to get a tuner that can be custom tuned like the xcal3 if you have motor mods, because the edge, superchip, hypertech, etc. will not program your truck create its maximum power potential because they are built to program strictly stock engines. I really don't know if that is true or not because anybody that gets a tuner usually does other mods as well you would have thought edge, superchip and hypertech would have caught on. I do however see the benefits of a customizable tuner because my superchip makes my truck shift a little too roughly and theres nothing I can do about it besides take it off performance tune, but if it was a custom tuner I could have it sent off to run just right.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:10 PM

I don't know about the other tuners but I put a Hypertech on my other truck and it recommends that you open up your CAI and exhaust to get the most out of it.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by GymRat
I don't know about the other tuners but I put a Hypertech on my other truck and it recommends that you open up your CAI and exhaust to get the most out of it.
Yeah that's what superchip recommended I do as well so I don't know.

Quick Reply: Edge Evo+K&N CAI