Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge Evo Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Edge Evo Install

Hey guys so I'll be getting my edge in about a week when I go to the border. My question, is there anything I need to do before I set it up?

Reason why I'm asking is because I'm going on a road trip to the states. It's about 6.5hr drive each way, plus all the driving ill do while im down there for 4 days. I'd like to just install it as soon as I pick it up at the border & see how it works for the long drive but I don't want my truck to break down or something along the way because I installed it wrong or didn't set something up before install. I just have my winter 285/70/17s on right now & a level kit. I'll be putting my 305/55/20 summers back on, probably when I get back or the week after since the snow has been melting this week.

Also does it take long to install? Would I be able to just install it at the border store or is it time consuming? What tools will I need if any?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it took me about 15 mins. and only tool I needed was a cutter for the zip ties. I didn't even use the double sided tape to mount my pod i just snapped it on and was good to go hasn't moved in a few months
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't remember for sure but i think you have to download the software on your lap top and 'update' it then you can install it on the side of the road if you want in about 10 min or less. Just pull (hard) on the side panel of your dash, feed the wire through to the plug in under the dash and the other end up to where the pod goes, snap the pod in place ( i didn't use the tape either ) feed the wire through the pod, plug it into the back of the edge and push the edge into the pod, put the side panel back on after securing the wire with the zip ties and your done. Don't use l3 unless you run 91 oct.
Fyi--your face is going to hurt from smiling for soooo long
have fun
Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM

Hey did you notice in drop in mpg's after you leveled out the front end?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Project White Fang

ok sweet! thanks. If i dont update it before I install, would it be fine until i update it when im back ?? Its about a 45 minute drive to the border, then once i install it ill be driving for the rest of the approx. 6hrs with it hooked up. Then another 6.5hrs back plus lets say 6hrs of driving for the 4 days im down there. So it would be approx. 13-18hrs of driving before i can update it...
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 AM

not sure call the help line, i think it would be fine but doesn't hurt to call and it might if you don't
did you notic a drop in mpg's after you leveled your front end ? i like the look but figure it has to drop with the extra wind resistance
Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Project White Fang

to be honest im not sure. It was so long ago i don't remember lol. I imagine it did change but not by much.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

The initial flash can take up to an hour. You really should update the unit before flashing but the latest updates within the last year were for newer models (ecoboost) and data logging which won't affect you.

Read and follow the directions!!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by BobbyC
The initial flash can take up to an hour. You really should update the unit before flashing but the latest updates within the last year were for newer models (ecoboost) and data logging which won't affect you.

Read and follow the directions!!!!!
hmm alright. I will read the instructions once i get it, but it would be nice to install it before my trip. It's a 45 minute drive to the border & im not going to drive there and drive back to instal it when ill be crossing the border next week anyway. Hopefully its up to date

Quick Reply: Edge Evo Install