Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge Evo and "Engine Failsame Mode"

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Black & Chrome

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Edge Evo and "Engine Failsame Mode"

Today was the second time that I have seen the "Engine Failsafe Mode" flash on the dashboard after programming my truck with my Evo. The first time I switched from Mode 1 (Tranny) to Mode 2 (Tow) and when it was done updating all the files, the dashboard displayed "Engine Failsafe Mode" for a few seconds and then went off. I turned the key off and back on and it no longer displayed. Then I proceeded to start the truck and everything seemed normal. Also, no codes were thrown when this happened.

I had to remove my Evo earlier today (reset to stock before removing it) and after I put it back in and selected Tow Mode, the "Engine Failsafe Mode" flashed a couple times on the dash when it was done, so I turned the key off like I did the first time and back on and it was no longer displayed. The truck started right up and seemed to be ok, but I checked for codes when I turned it off and it had thrown 5 of them...

1) P0600 is unknown
2) P2100 Throttle Actvator Control Motor Circuit /Open
3) P2105 Throttle Actvator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown
4) P2107 Throttle Actvator Control Module Processor
5) U0300 is unknown

I cleared all the codes, started the truck again, and then checked for codes after turning it off and there are no codes now.

Anyone else having similar issues when changing tunes on their Evo? Also, are these codes something that I need to be worried about, or since they went away after clearing them, am I ok?
Old 12-27-2010, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotten similar codes with mine, but it has never caused any problems, and they always went away after cycling the key. I just never really worried about it.

Quick Reply: Edge Evo and "Engine Failsame Mode"