Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge Error 31

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Platinum Man Card

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Edge Error 31

anyone ever have this error pop up on their edge? Error 31

at work, got new fuse for data port to work. initial load up was fine everything worked great. attempted to load the towing setting (level 2), got all the way through, then at end said it failed and had to reset to stock by turning off key, unplugging edge, turn on key, replug in edge and it should reset to stock. but keeps failing and telling me Error 31, cannot communicate with pcm (or something like that) and to try again.

i got the batt unhooked now, gonna try again in about 30 to see if it works. cant use the edge update software at this work computer to check that either.

bad part is that now my trucks not starting and im at work, so prob gonna have to get a ride home and call edge tomm to see whats up unless i get a awesme answer from someone that fixes it
Old 07-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Platinum Man Card

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

and a fun update.

after edge resetting it (multiple times) and having their programmers write custom software for it, and sending the pcm to them to see if they can fix it, my pcm is officially fried. cant get it to ford till monday. where they are going to attemt to flash it and see if it fixes it, which ill bet my bottom dollar it wont. but edge told me to tell them to try it lol

good thing is edge has excellent customer service, never been on hold longer than a few minutes with them, and everyone that has picked up the phone has been very helpful and knowledgeable. and they are going to reimburse me the costs of shipping the pcm overnight to them, the tow to the dealer, and for the PCM.

Quick Reply: Edge Error 31