Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ECM Reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Ford Blue Blood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM Reprogramming

There may be a thread on something similar, although I haven't been able to find it. I'm interested in finding out a way, or if anyone knows if it's even possible, but I'd like to reprogram the ECM to exclude certain diagnostic tests on start up.

Here's the deal:
I have a beautiful 2006 F-150 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab with 130K miles and after suffering from a miserable 5.4 (I've always had Fords, sworn by them, outlasted anything else on the road, including 6 between my grandfather and myself that went over 500K) that had me searching for a different brand. I opted to keep what I loved, and go a little different route. I installed a 4BT Cummins Turbo Diesel, and I've done all that I need to in order to make it run and drive, but a few things are irking me.
When I use the key to turn the engine, the Start circuit turns for a few seconds, then stops, then turns, then stops etc. as the engine diagnostics tell the Start circuit to stop because it's going haywire (No coil packs, no O2 sensors, no fuel pressure, no injector line pressure, etc.).
For the meantime, I have a push button ignition switch that functions well, but I would like to reprogram the ECM to exclude these tests, as well as maybe not signaling to turn on the Check Engine light. It's not a necessity, but would be a great way to finish up this project.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Pics?

Quick Reply: ECM Reprogramming