Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

eBay/Amazon halo headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default eBay/Amazon halo headlights?

hey guys, my next project is halo headlights.. i was wondering if anyone is currently running any eBay/Amazon halo headlights w/ projectors? Yes, i know there are a lot better ones out on the market, but i am a high schooler on a budget Anyways, i was wondering if you these type of buyers have
a) had any problems?
b) any water inside? (I am in Arizona so i get a lot less rain, but a lot more carwashes because of dust and dirt )
c) Also, are any of you using HID's and how are those? i am planning on running 6k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-04-08-FORD-F150-PICKUP-BLACK-DUAL-CCFL-HALO-PROJECTOR-LED-G2-HEADLIGHTS-SET-/201269866198?fits=Year%3A2006%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item2edc9e6ed6&vxp=mtr
these are the eBay ones i was looking at. thanks guys! much needed!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I'll be of no help, as I'm not big fan of this look; looks too BMW'ish for our trucks.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:40 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmorales30
hey guys, my next project is halo headlights.. i was wondering if anyone is currently running any eBay/Amazon halo headlights w/ projectors? Yes, i know there are a lot better ones out on the market, but i am a high schooler on a budget Anyways, i was wondering if you these type of buyers have
a) had any problems?
b) any water inside? (I am in Arizona so i get a lot less rain, but a lot more carwashes because of dust and dirt )
c) Also, are any of you using HID's and how are those? i am planning on running 6k.

Fits 04 08 Ford F150 Pickup Black Dual CCFL Halo Projector LED G2 Headlights Set | eBay

these are the eBay ones i was looking at. thanks guys! much needed!
Hi.

If yer a 'schooler on a budget, the last thing you should be doing is tossing yer dinero down a drain.

Most all of the heads of that ilk are a waste of money.

1. Poor fitment & construction
2. Leak/fog prone
3. Poor/no UV coating (will yellow and craze in short order)
4. Zero tech support
5. Warranty? Not.
6. Poor output and beam pattern - worse than stock in point of fact
7. Halos are crap - will fail. Spare parts? Good luck.
8. CANNOT safely accept HID capsules!
9. Constructed by small, poor, faceless, underfed & overworked minions in unmarked buildings in the Land of Rice, rebranded and sold for huge profits.

Are you discerning a trend here? I sincerely hope so.

Save ye ca-ching - stay stock and install fresh new halogen bulbs. OR open ye stockers and retrofit after saving up the necessary funding to do it correctly.

Amazingly enough, fer very little more than the cost of those POS fleabay units, you can acquire an entry-level but quality projector retrofit system with some careful shopping, closeouts, sales, free shipping codes, from: www.theretrofitsource.com. And then you'll have something to be proud of - with spectacular, wide, uniform precise output.

BTW - go no higher than ~5000K, with 4300K being the sweet spot in terms of acuity.

Best o' Luck!

Regards;
MGD

Last edited by MGD; 04-09-2015 at 06:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
beantown617 (04-09-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
Hi.

If yer a 'schooler on a budget, the last thing you should be doing is tossing yer dinero down a drain.

Most all of the heads of that ilk are a waste of money.

1. Poor fitment & construction
2. Leak/fog prone
3. Poor/no UV coating (will yellow and craze in short order)
4. Zero tech support
5. Warranty? Not.
6. Poor output and beam pattern - worse than stock in point of fact
7. Halos are crap - will fail. Spare parts? Good luck.
8. CANNOT safely accept HID capsules!
9. Constructed by small, poor, faceless, underfed & overworked minions in unmarked buildings in the Land of Rice, rebranded and sold for huge profits.

Are you discerning a trend here? I sincerely hope so.

Save ye ca-ching - stay stock and install fresh new halogen bulbs. OR open ye stockers and retrofit after saving up the necessary funding to do it correctly.

Amazingly enough, fer very little more than the cost of those POS fleabay units, you can acquire an entry-level but quality projector retrofit system with some careful shopping, closeouts, sales, free shipping codes, from: www.theretrofitsource.com. And then you'll have something to be proud of - with spectacular, wide, uniform precise output.

BTW - go no higher than ~5000K, with 4300K being the sweet spot in terms of acuity.

Best o' Luck!

Regards;
MGD
X2... My dad bought me some of the Spec-D halo heads and fogs for my birthday last year, after I showed him a pic of how cool I thought retro-fit looked, but they just don't fit the bill... They absolutely not adjustable as indicated by the company, I have Bilstein 5100s and just with that slight level and after all the adjusting within the light and even washers, it still is like driving blind at night, they're awful.. I love my dad, so as long as I feel somewhat safe driving with them, I'm gonna keep them, but I do not recommend them whatsoever...

The following users liked this post:
HulluCorn (04-10-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 02:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you Hanginten24......... it is good for documentation
Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you guys! I appreciate it! I will just save my money and see what happens!

Quick Reply: eBay/Amazon halo headlights?