Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Eaton Twin Screw Supercharger

Old 03-17-2016, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eaton Twin Screw Supercharger

Hi all- long time forum viewer and decided to make an account to ask this question. I know someone who will very very cheaply sell me an Eaton Twin Screw supercharger from an 09 GT500 with around 25,000 miles on it. He also has the TB and elbow for it. Will this work with my 08 5.4 3V? If so, what else would I need to purchase? Injectors? Intercooler? I'm not very knowledgeable with forced induction but like the idea of more power if I'm getting a deal on this. Does anyone know what kind of power I can expect to see with this? I attached a picture of it and thanks for any input.
-Brian
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2016, 08:31 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

It could possibly work, I'd get on and google what your thinking to see if someone's tried it, you would need the lower intake to match up, intercooler, tune, pulleys, etc to make it work, honestly be cheaper to sell it and look into a Roush kit for your truck.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That is for a 4V engine and will not work, would be a huge waste of funds. Look into a 3V Roush or Whipple and call it a day for a clean install.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Ultimately yes it would work, as far as I know number of valves shouldn't have anything to do with it. But finding an intake manifold would be the challenge. If you are serious about getting a supercharger for cheap a used pro charger or centrifugal super charger may be the way to go. About 1500 for a used kit on eBay and another couple hundred for a rebuild kit, and you can use/keep your existing fuel system. Another option if you really want the root supercharger whine is getting a used supercharger from a f150 lighting or mustang Just because The availability of intake manifold is much larger.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:47 AM
12 Second Truck

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by racerbrian
Hi all- long time forum viewer and decided to make an account to ask this question. I know someone who will very very cheaply sell me an Eaton Twin Screw supercharger from an 09 GT500 with around 25,000 miles on it. He also has the TB and elbow for it. Will this work with my 08 5.4 3V? If so, what else would I need to purchase? Injectors? Intercooler? I'm not very knowledgeable with forced induction but like the idea of more power if I'm getting a deal on this. Does anyone know what kind of power I can expect to see with this? I attached a picture of it and thanks for any input.
-Brian
First this isn't a twin screw supercharger. This is an Eaton M122. Not a twin screw and not a TVS.
This swap will not work without a great deal of time, money, and fabrication. Far more then the money to just buy a proper kit for your truck.
The intake manifold for the 2v, 3v, and 4v engines are different as head deminsions change with the addition of the valves. Lightning blowers and Mustang blowers do not swap over to the 04 and up F150.

Your best shot at this if you were going to try it would be to aqquire the GT500 intake manifold and fabricate adapter plates to fit the 3v heads. Or you could find a Roush blower intake for the 5.4 3v F150. You would have issues with the throttle body angle that would require correction using adapter plates and fabricated parts as the power steering resivoir is the obstacle to get around. In all of this you would likely run into height issues with the blower hitting the top of the fire wall. You would need Whipples fuel pressure sensor relocate block or weld on your fuel rail and relocate it yourself. You would need to find intake plumbing to get you from the throttle body to an air filter box. The parts needed would of course depend on how everything lays out once the blower is mounted. Now on to the belt and pulleys. Purchase a complete Lightning bridge with pulleys and a crankshaft pulley cage unit sized for the boost you want to run. 8-10psi max unless you are upgrading fuel pump. Keep in mind all of these parts would need to be installed before fitting the blower as the blower must be positioned for proper belt allignment. Now if you can get all of this right the easy part begins. Shopping list.
42 or 47lb injectors, MAF adapter 90mm lighting or Roush 04-08 F150 MAF housing or other MAF adapter between 90-105mm that will accept the slot style sensor.
Heat exchanger, intercooler pump, tank, hoses. Upper radiator hose 04 Lightning will work fine. 180 degree thermostat. Misc hardware (bolts, nuts, tywraps, hose clamps, vac hose, and valve cover vent hose.) 2 heat range colder spark plugs. Programmer (SCT or Diablo) and custom dyno tunes.

Quite a project for a sub par heat breathing Eaton swap.

Last edited by Blown Ford; 03-27-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eaton Twin Screw Supercharger