Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

E-Fan Troubleshoot

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Fan Troubleshoot

Bought this kit off of ebay: link, supposedly came with all of the bare necessities I would need for an install. Managed to remove everything with no problem and installing the fans was simple, however I am quite confused with the wiring setup. I expected the diagram to be brief and unclear as this was a cheap kit but I am more than clueless and a little in over my head. I'm currently taking out the stock thermostat but I'm unsure about where to install the new one. I've heard some say place it with a ziptie underneath the TB and intake close to the block, and others say place it in the manifold. The first option doesn't seem very safe but if it is to go in the manifold will the air ever reach 185 F for the fans to turn on? My next question is about the wires I was given in the package. From the looks of it I only received enough to run one fan, I'm given only 1 relay with 2 hot wires, one to go to the circuit breaker, and one to go to a fan. Can two fans be run off of one wire?

P.S. I'm quite new to modding and am trying to learn by experience, I searched the forum before making this post but was unable to find anything pertaining to my situation. Also as you can tell I don't jack diddly about wiring. I can post images if needed.

Quick Reply: E-Fan Troubleshoot