Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

E-Fan Install/Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Fan Install/Questions

This is mostly all new to me, I have read a lot about e fans and want to put one on my truck. I have noticed kits range from 450 to buying a couple 16" fans and thermo on ebay for under 100 bucks. What is the best route to go? I'm also not too mechanically inclined but I do most of the maintenance on my trucks in the past. How big of an undertaking is it and how long should it take?
Old 12-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by BOwnz4
This is mostly all new to me, I have read a lot about e fans and want to put one on my truck. I have noticed kits range from 450 to buying a couple 16" fans and thermo on ebay for under 100 bucks. What is the best route to go? I'm also not too mechanically inclined but I do most of the maintenance on my trucks in the past. How big of an undertaking is it and how long should it take?
If you're not mechanically inclined, or don't have a bud experienced in selecting parts/pieces and making a kit, then stick with the purchase of the higher priced kits. They will have all the parts (I.E. thermo switch, wiring, brackets, and correct size/volume fans). Plus, they will include the instructions and a contact phone number for help, should you need it or have questions.
You get what you pay for in this situation; buy cheap, expect to have problems or require modifications.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ is right on there. I have heard alot of horror stories about incorrect mounting equiptment, not right fit, etc from the real cheap ones.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:03 PM

its not that i have no mechanical exp, I've always done my own work. already done volant cai, magnaflow exhaust, and custom tune from php, not that that any of that was difficult but i know quality parts. I already ordered everything i need but the only thing i'm not sure is which ac wire to splice into what color is it? and a better idea of the exact location. - thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by BOwnz4
its not that i have no mechanical exp, I've always done my own work. already done volant cai, magnaflow exhaust, and custom tune from php, not that that any of that was difficult but i know quality parts. I already ordered everything i need but the only thing i'm not sure is which ac wire to splice into what color is it? and a better idea of the exact location. - thanks
http://f150online.com/forums/other-a...e-up-pics.html

http://f150online.com/forums/other-a...-fan-help.html

http://www.f150online.com/forums/oth...install-2.html

Make sure your year is correct becasue I think they changed to an electric clutch in 06-07.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:51 PM

thanks sincity, that should do it. I'm glad you pointed out the electric clutch i would had been confused when it pulled that fan off, but from what i've seen i think it will make it go a little smother - thanks let you know how it turns out
Old 12-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

No worries, I have been looking into it a little. Saw you across the pond at F150online too (Drkharbinger over there), they had alot of good info for you. Should get you sitting nice

Quick Reply: E-Fan Install/Questions