Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

E-fan install next

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts
Default E-fan install next

The next mod I wanna go with is a efan setup. I've read a few how to's on here and f150online. All pretty much the same, just different controllers and fans. I rather piece together a kit then buy one. Unless there is a kit out there that I havnt found and isn't 500$. My questions are,
Is you have efans, what controller are you running? Also what type of temp probe are you using? I've hear the one that sets in the fins isn't as good as the one that goes in the hose. Also, what wires will I need to tap into, most write up don't make it too clear. Thanks
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM
call me Randy

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm using a controller from madenterprise and fans for a 96 ford windstar. It has 2 radiator sensors and a condenser sensor. Only wire you would need to tap into with it is a key on power source which I found under my dash. Can't tell you what wire color since we have different gens
Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 AM

Yea I like the flex a lite kit 270 but I'm not gonna pay 500$+ for something I know I cab put together for 200-250
Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ive got the oem efans from a 2010 and up f150. the controller im using is a dc controls one... the FK-85 variable speed controller. it comes with the push in temp probe, but its not a metal one like all the other kits. i had their old controller for my mark vii set up for over a year with no issues and i reused that same temp sensor for this set up. works great. biggest difference is my A/C is actually cold, unlike before with the oem clutch fan.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 AM

Yah I've heard nothing but good about the dc controllers, just wasn't sure on witch one to get. I understand what installing the fans is doing, just the controller thing is what gets me a bit. I've been looking at the kit troyer sells, not a bad price. Better than flex a lite. But still not convinced to go with that over a build it your own kit. I've found some fans on eBay that a lot of ppl have been using with there trucks and havnt had any problems. I'll prolly fab up some brackets with some aluminum flat bar vs going with the mount to radiator style mounting.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:36 AM
call me Randy

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by nickpatton_189
Yah I've heard nothing but good about the dc controllers, just wasn't sure on witch one to get. I understand what installing the fans is doing, just the controller thing is what gets me a bit. I've been looking at the kit troyer sells, not a bad price. Better than flex a lite. But still not convinced to go with that over a build it your own kit. I've found some fans on eBay that a lot of ppl have been using with there trucks and havnt had any problems. I'll prolly fab up some brackets with some aluminum flat bar vs going with the mount to radiator style mounting.
I'll tell ya something bad about DC. I ordered my controller and never received it, he also never replied to any emails. Instead of actually sending me a controller he just refunded my money.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:50 AM

Oh well that blows. I read somewhere that he was kinda slow on the shipping stuff like that. Anyone recommend another good controller?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000MTZ
I'll tell ya something bad about DC. I ordered my controller and never received it, he also never replied to any emails. Instead of actually sending me a controller he just refunded my money.
Same here, I waited for about 5 weeks and sent him multiple emails. Finally had to open up a complaint with paypal and said I would continue to wait I just wanted some info on status. Two days later, the money was back in my account.

Everything I've heard though is that he makes the best, I ended up getting one off one of the moderators here when they were parting out their setup
Old 10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by snowboarder7710
ive got the oem efans from a 2010 and up f150. the controller im using is a dc controls one... the FK-85 variable speed controller. it comes with the push in temp probe, but its not a metal one like all the other kits. i had their old controller for my mark vii set up for over a year with no issues and i reused that same temp sensor for this set up. works great. biggest difference is my A/C is actually cold, unlike before with the oem clutch fan.
How did you mount the 2010 fan?? Was it a direct bolt on? This was the same route I want to go and use the painless kit
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
@jverderber1

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I tried the dc controller as well and never got a response either and just like everyone else is saying I filed a complaint with PayPal an the money went right back into my account.

I wired mine through the ignition so they run all the time when the truck is on. Not a problem in this Florida heat but when it starts to get colder I gotta hook a temp sensor up.

Quick Reply: E-fan install next