Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Dual Side Exhaust Options Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Side Exhaust Options Please

Due to the gas tank in our f150s (mine being a 2004 F150 XLT 5.4 SuperCab) I know there are limited dual side exiting exhuast options. I saw the Banks setup on a F250 or F350 with a huge exhaust pipe coming out behind the tire on each side angled about 45 degress.

Is that available for our F150s or something similar? If not I was going to go with the Magnaflow (great discount with hottexhaust.com) setup but not sure how loud it would be...I do have a Banks Intake which makes alot of noise alone and I like it lol

Any suggestions would be great....even great places where to get it for a good price
Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 AM

Default Dual Exhaust

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I have an 06 Mark LT, that's pretty much the same as what you have and I have a Gibson Exhaust system that's their "extreme dual side exit" system. It ran about $400 w/FREE S&H and I even upgraded the tips for only $10 (each) more.

You can check it out at: www.gibson.com

I hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by edgespeeder06
Due to the gas tank in our f150s (mine being a 2004 F150 XLT 5.4 SuperCab) I know there are limited dual side exiting exhuast options. I saw the Banks setup on a F250 or F350 with a huge exhaust pipe coming out behind the tire on each side angled about 45 degress.

Is that available for our F150s or something similar? If not I was going to go with the Magnaflow (great discount with hottexhaust.com) setup but not sure how loud it would be...I do have a Banks Intake which makes alot of noise alone and I like it lol

Any suggestions would be great....even great places where to get it for a good price
I have the magnaflow SIDO right rear exit b/4 rear tire I think it is great not to loud untill you jump on it
Attachment 8175
Attachment 8174\

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 04-30-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM

hey thanks I was considering that same one but behind the wheels...i like that setup too.

As for the gibson...what does it sound like? Is it worth the $400? Opinions on your setup.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by MarkLT
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I have an 06 Mark LT, that's pretty much the same as what you have and I have a Gibson Exhaust system that's their "extreme dual side exit" system. It ran about $400 w/FREE S&H and I even upgraded the tips for only $10 (each) more.

You can check it out at: www.gibson.com

I hope this helps.

this link right? http://www.gibsonperformance.com/ don't worry it happens lol
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 AM

Whats the difference between the Extreme and the Sport Version of Gibson? I want stainless steel but its a $100+ price difference so I want to see how much better the extreme version is.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by edgespeeder06
Whats the difference between the Extreme and the Sport Version of Gibson? I want stainless steel but its a $100+ price difference so I want to see how much better the extreme version is.
The Gibson sounds great, and I also have the Gibson headers as well. I used to have the Magnaflow single side exit behind the passenger side rear wheel, but I wanted to switch to a dual exhaust, so I went with the Gibson system.

I think the difference between the Extreme and the sport, is that the extreme exits behind each rear tire (on each side) at a side angle. The sport is just straight out the back, if I remember right. I upgraded to the 4" intercooled tips which look great as well.

As far as it being worth the money, I guess that's all perception. To me it was worth it because I know that Gibson is a pretty good brand and it was only $100 more than what I paid for my magnaflow single exhaust, and Gibson had the look I was going for.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Dual Side Exhaust Options Please