Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Du-ha storage bin

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Du-ha storage bin

Anyone have one? What do you think?

Thinking pretty hard about getting one. They are held in place by the jack storage bolts.............. I believe.

http://www.du-ha.com/

Also thinking about the swing case from Under Cover.

Any info would be appreciated.

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/sc.php
Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that swing case is really cool.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't have either one but love both concepts - sadly the DuHa is apparently not made for the extended cab.... and I'd bookmarked the swing case months ago, but it isn't compatible with my Ford tailgate extender. To solve both issues, I'm looking at a tool box from tractor supply that will mount below my BakFlip tonneau.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Lariat
Don't have either one but love both concepts - sadly the DuHa is apparently not made for the extended cab.... and I'd bookmarked the swing case months ago, but it isn't compatible with my Ford tailgate extender. To solve both issues, I'm looking at a tool box from tractor supply that will mount below my BakFlip tonneau.
looked like the DuHa was for extended cabs as well, i just looked through the site.

and I love both concepts as well. in fact, i'm already drafting up a similar design that I can weld up for my truck, out of steel, for much cheaper.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 AM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

The Du-Ha IS made for the extended cab truck (with rear sucide doors) commonly known as the Supercab (listed on their site) the four door F150 is the Supercrew....

I saw the Swing case at a local truck accessories store and they are VERY nice and a very cool concept...but they are spendy.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 AM

OK - I looked thru the link the OP included and didn't see the extended or Supercab model - all I saw was the SuperCrew. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll look again.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:32 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

OK - I looked thru the link the OP included and didn't see the extended or Supercab model - all I saw was the SuperCrew. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll look again.
No prob....just wanted to clear it up for anyone interested. The Supercab models are listed under the first section under Ford
Old 01-18-2010, 08:44 PM

Yeah, I just looked at the one page the link brought up, when I looked further, I found em for the Extended Cab - good to clear that up. I really like it - but seems a bit pricey. A big plastic tool box for the bed can be had for less than $100 and probably offers more cubic storage - especially since some of the DuHa is automatcally taken up having to put the jack back in there.

BUT, if you don't want a tool box in the bed, it's a great idea, but pricey for my tastes.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If ya got a tonneau cover and want a tool box take a look at Bell's Storage / Tool Box.

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Universal-Truck-Trunk-System/dp/B000QIWREI http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Universal-Truck-Trunk-System/dp/B000QIWREI

Only 90-95 bucks and has quite a bit of storage. I can take a few pics of mine if ya want; but I got all my tools in one and still got more room to fit junk. They're waterproof (( But if ya got a tonneau it does not matter then haha )) and I just put two small suitcase locks on it to be on the safe side, but since our tailgates lock I'm probably over doing it. Also, I got mine at the local PepBoys fo 90.45 then with my 10 dollar giftcard I ended up only paying 80 bucks and there's just little pins the you push in and the tool box can pop out so if ya need the full bed length there ya go
Old 01-19-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 04F150FX4
If ya got a tonneau cover and want a tool box take a look at Bell's Storage / Tool Box.

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Universal-Truck-Trunk-System/dp/B000QIWREI

Only 90-95 bucks and has quite a bit of storage. I can take a few pics of mine if ya want; but I got all my tools in one and still got more room to fit junk. They're waterproof (( But if ya got a tonneau it does not matter then haha )) and I just put two small suitcase locks on it to be on the safe side, but since our tailgates lock I'm probably over doing it. Also, I got mine at the local PepBoys fo 90.45 then with my 10 dollar giftcard I ended up only paying 80 bucks and there's just little pins the you push in and the tool box can pop out so if ya need the full bed length there ya go

Can you post some more pics of your setup please?

Quick Reply: Du-ha storage bin