Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Driving Lights and dash lights staying on

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Lights and dash lights staying on

Just noticed this yesterday that even when I get out and lock my 2004 FX4, the driving lights, rear lights, and dash lights stay on. I thought my light switch might be messed up but even when I completely disconnect it the front and rear driving lights are on. The gauge lights and light behind my shifter go out when I disconnect the dimmer so I don't think this is the problem. I don't think it's an issue with a fuse, I think the switch itself is being shorted and getting stuck like I am using my driving lights. When I actually turn my headlights on or driving and fog lights on everything works fine. I have my battery disconnected right now so that the lights do not drain it. Just hoping someone else might have had similar experience or had an idea of what direction to point me in to start looking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not wanting to have to take it in to the shop if it is something that I can fix. I am good with electronics so that is not the issue, just not sure where to start looking.
Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Driving Lights and dash lights staying on