Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Driver's Window Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Driver's Window Switch

Ok, I know this has been addressed a billion times about this switch and cleaning the contacts but has anyone else notice that it's not only the contacts but the temperature that plays a part in whether or not it works? I've discovered early in the morning when it's cooler outside and the humidity is low, the window works fine. But when it's warmer and the humidity is higher, the window wants to go up but not down.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

Put down your beer Homer, you are drunk.....
Old 08-12-2014, 01:55 AM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Uhh if the buttons arent working time to time, get a new switch, happend in my expedition, would have to beat on the buttons lol

and i'm assuming the buttons on the actual doors work fine.

They arent that much
LINK HERE LINK HERE
The following users liked this post:
graywolf (08-22-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heat and humidity affect electrical contacts, and also heat expands things and things expand a different rates. So yes. What you are describing can certainly be the case. Nothing really strange about it.

But as someone else posted, just replace your master switch. The after market ones work OK and are cheap ~$30 or so. Factory replacement are a slightly better fit and illuminate with the correct color. But both can fail again, so I just use the after market one and if it fails I'll get another one.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Beast
Ok, I know this has been addressed a billion times about this switch and cleaning the contacts but has anyone else notice that it's not only the contacts but the temperature that plays a part in whether or not it works? I've discovered early in the morning when it's cooler outside and the humidity is low, the window works fine. But when it's warmer and the humidity is higher, the window wants to go up but not down.
Before you replace the switch, check the wire harness going from the cab to the door, in the black sleeve. Mine started working intermittently, before it went out completely, turns out the wires get harder as they get older(Contrary to popular belief, ok That was my joke for the day) and can break in the harness. I bought a new switch that didn't work before I realized what it really was.

Quick Reply: Driver's Window Switch