Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Drivers fuel modulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drivers fuel modulator

So my Dad's 05 xlt was missing on a cylinder so we called ford and they just did an extended warranty fix on the fuel injectors. Drove it around for a few weeks to get the new injectors adjusted but the truck still was idling like crap. So I took it back into Ford to get them to scan it and find the problem, They said it was the drivers fuel modulator? I have never heard of this but I paid the $268 to get it fixed but was wondering if this part normally goes bad or if it may have been caused by the faulty injector messing up the truck's computer.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Drivers fuel modulator??WTF Your extended warranty would not cover it?? What is the part number of the Modulator????
Old 01-09-2009, 10:58 AM

Default wtf

Ok i just did a search in my ford service information manual on dvd! This is the same cd ford use because if had to hack it to use it! Anyway I just did a search for you and found NOTHING under that name! And NGM has a good point about the extended warrenty! Hope that helps! If you find its a different name let me know and ill look again!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 AM

Default wtf

Ok i just did a search in my ford service information manual on dvd! This is the same cd ford use because if had to hack it to use it! Anyway I just did a search for you and found NOTHING under that name! And NGM has a good point about the extended warranty! Hope that helps! If you find its a different name let me know and ill look again!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe they are talking about the fuel pump driver module. Pretty common failure on 04-up 150's. It also depends on what kind of extended warranty that was purchased with the vehicle, there are many different levels of coverage. Some do cover it and some don't premium care prob would vs base care is usually only hard parts and no electrical stuff.

The problem with the modules is that they build up corrosion underneath where it bolts to the crossmember and fractures the case and then shorts out and is incapable of providing voltage to the fuel pump.
I tried to search for the part number but couldnt access it rt now, I will try again later if you need it
Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 PM

I think you were right about it being called the "fuel pump driver module". I couldn't remember exactly what it was called, I got the dealership to replace it I was just wondering if this was a common problem. I do live in northern PA so lots of road salt to mess up the module. He didn't purchase the extended warranty coverage unfortunately.... I thought about just getting the part and doing it myself but my garage isn't heated and it has been brutally cold this week. Well thanks for the info. I love this forum
Old 01-09-2009, 11:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a really easy swap if you want to do it yerself. Drop the spare tire and its mounted right on the crossmember just foward of it . two 8mm bolts and one plug.. The new one has two studs to mount it on and then two nuts to hold it to the studs. The new one gets spaced away from the metal so it doesnt build corrosion like the original. But I hear ya sometimes its just too damn cold, I'm in maine so I know what you mean

oh my bad just read it again and you already had it done

Quick Reply: Drivers fuel modulator