Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

driver door controls (lock, window, mirrors) not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver door controls (lock, window, mirrors) not working

Hi there, 2005 XLT. Driver door controls have stopped working. This includes mirror adj, lock, and all window switches. I have checked the relevant fuses and just pulled the door panel off. Everything looks good. I then checked the wires in the rubber boot between and everything seems ok with no frays etc.
The lock work with the remote or passenger door lock switch and sound still to speakers....I am missing something! thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did an aggressive jiggle of the wires in the rubber boot and everything worked..(then stopped) so definitely a short or something. All the wires around still look perfect. So still can`t locate problem!!(
Old 06-28-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Disconnect at the switches, very thoroughly clean the connection points on both the switch and the plug side with an electrical connection cleaner. Use small tools to really get in there. Plug it back in and check it. A lot of times this is a grounding issue but that usually affects the other switches as they share a ground. If the "aggressive jiggle" made it work then put in some time to make sure everything is well cleaned. If that don't fix it then it may be something internally in the switch and time for a new switch.

Quick Reply: driver door controls (lock, window, mirrors) not working