Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

door issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door issue

Ok everyone, I need some help.
i have a 2006 super cab and when i pull on the inside handle of the drivers side door, it pops out a little bit and opens fine. The problem I am having is when someone is sitting in the passenger seat and opened the door, nothing happens like it is locked but if you push on it it opens like it should. Everyone pulls on the inside handle and then checks to see if it is locked.
Is there something that makes the door pop open and if so, how hard is it to replace/repair
Thanks
Old 12-24-2013, 11:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nothing there. You usually push on the door with your arm when you open it. Mine has done the same thing since new. I'm usually opening the passenger door. Does the same thing.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:31 AM
JNelson

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree that is how they are. It seems like whenever I have passengers that haven't been in my truck before they always think they are locked in. I've never understood it. I guess they are heavier doors than they are used to. They also then slam the **** out of them when they close the door and that bothers me.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jfp3205
Ok everyone, I need some help. i have a 2006 super cab and when i pull on the inside handle of the drivers side door, it pops out a little bit and opens fine. The problem I am having is when someone is sitting in the passenger seat and opened the door, nothing happens like it is locked but if you push on it it opens like it should. Everyone pulls on the inside handle and then checks to see if it is locked. Is there something that makes the door pop open and if so, how hard is it to replace/repair Thanks
Might check to see if the rubber bumper is missing... Also is the weather strip in good condition? Both of these cold be a potential reason for the lack of auto push out when the door is opened.... Maybe....
Old 12-24-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's odd because I have an 04 XLT supercab 4x4 and the rear doors open when you push or pull the handles. I always assumed they were made like that because when I step out of the truck and open the rear doors I pull the handle towards my body but my son or anyone who rides in the back pulls the handle towards thier body which is in the opposite direction. The doors have always opened flawlessly either way. Maybe it was a subtle design change between those years, idk

Quick Reply: door issue