Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Door handle question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:53 PM
hummmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door handle question

Ok this is an odd one, but can you use a L/H rear handle set-up on the L/H forward door?

The reason for those that haven't figured it out is because I dont want my truck broken is from the key hole, might be a decent deterant.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't want it stolen then make it look like a stick shift.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:38 PM
hummmmm

Originally Posted by rubber314chicken
If you don't want it stolen then make it look like a stick shift.
WOW.

Damn the forum sure is headed downhill, ask a question and get something stupid answer or a reccomendation that's just retared.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its proven that sitck shift cars are less likely to be stolen because few people these days know how to drive one.

However not having a key opening doesn't mean they can't jam a coat hanger into the door from the window seal and open it that way (I believe) or smash the rear window out. Just saying.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:43 PM
hummmmm

Originally Posted by rubber314chicken
Its proven that sitck shift cars are less likely to be stolen because few people these days know how to drive one.

However not having a key opening doesn't mean they can't jam a coat hanger into the door from the window seal and open it that way (I believe) or smash the rear window out. Just saying.
Yeah I got that buddy.

My question was only this

"Ok this is an odd one, but can you use a L/H rear handle set-up on the L/H forward door?"
Old 05-24-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

It should work if not having a key pad is not an issue for you. I suspect that in order to reduce manufacturing expenses, the manufacturer of this part as well as Ford would use as many similar parts as possible. I've had my truck broken into twice. I removed the key cylinder and the rod that connects it to the lock, and covered the hole with a 5/16 plug that home depot sells. The next ahole that tries to get in through the cylinder is going to find nothing but a hole.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:53 PM
hummmmm

Originally Posted by primalurges
It should work if not having a key pad is not an issue for you. I suspect that in order to reduce manufacturing expenses, the manufacturer of this part as well as Ford would use as many similar parts as possible. I've had my truck broken into twice. I removed the key cylinder and the rod that connects it to the lock, and covered the hole with a 5/16 plug that home depot sells. The next ahole that tries to get in through the cylinder is going to find nothing but a hole.

Cool deal thanks man.

Im actually big into composite and though about just plugging the hole, but just thought I would check into this as well.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

a REAR door handle will prob work. or get a jimmi jammer.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 PM
24's....

you can also buy after market door handle that have a steel reinforcement behind the key hole so no one can tamper with it

Quick Reply: Door handle question