Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

door closing ? ext cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:47 PM
emtzach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question door closing ? ext cab

maby its just me but does anyone else feel like they have to slam the front doors to get them to close all the way. I know you need a good seal and i appreciate the fact that there is no wind noise or rattle, but it feels a little excessive to have to actually work to close the doors. any TSB s out there i have not come across yet thanks.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

My doors are pretty big but I don't feel like I need to slam them to shut. I just close them normally.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

make sure the ext. cab door is shut completely
Old 05-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Veni, Vidi, Dimitti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emtzach
maby its just me but does anyone else feel like they have to slam the front doors to get them to close all the way. I know you need a good seal and i appreciate the fact that there is no wind noise or rattle, but it feels a little excessive to have to actually work to close the doors. any TSB s out there i have not come across yet thanks.
I have to simply be careful when I close mine. If I don't pay attention the lower latch doesn't catch completely and the doors rattle. I usually just make sure to close with a purpose instead of having to slam them.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by emtzach
its the rear door....since the front door latches to the rear.....

Quick Reply: door closing ? ext cab