Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

door adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door adjustment

2004 f-150 can anyone tell me how to realign my driver side door someone backed into my door while it was open and bent the hinges speaking of, how do u remove the door hinges the top one with the stud going threw it thanks for your help.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blubiu
2004 f-150 can anyone tell me how to realign my driver side door someone backed into my door while it was open and bent the hinges speaking of, how do u remove the door hinges the top one with the stud going threw it thanks for your help.
How bad is it bent? I spent over 30 years in body work and if it's bent very bad I would advise letting a professional handle it. They are not fun! It often bends the post (cowl) also and even replacing the hinge won't cure the problem. There are a LOT of tricks to getting a door to align and shut properly that has been hit when it was open. If it's not to bad I used something called a "body bag". It's a VERY tough canvas bag about the size of a large mans hand, filled with sand. You put it in between the door frame and post and gently (sometimes more than gently) close the door AGAINST it to spring the door frame and post back into position without damaging the door or post. Good Luck- you MAY need it.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am kind of having the same problem except mines a 2000, door doesnt shut properly

Quick Reply: door adjustment