Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Do I have a factory alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do I have a factory alarm?

I always assumed hitting the remote twice, horn honks that the alarm is set. but today I tried sitting in the truck "arming the alarm" then openning a door. nothing happens??? even tried waiting a minute then openning the door.

like a thief would break a window and open a door from the inside, shouldn't that set off the alarm? It works that way on my other vehicle which is a chev

If I don't have a factory alarm, is there a simple plug in module I can get that would provide some alarm protection?

thanks,
john
Old 08-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

No alarm, the LED is the Passive system (key transponder). No plug in module, but there is a Ford unit that you can add on, and of course aftermarket alarms.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8
No alarm, the LED is the Passive system (key transponder). No plug in module, but there is a Ford unit that you can add on, and of course aftermarket alarms.
thanks Gatorb8

so this ford ad-on unit, works with my existing remote? lol don't tell me I need to carry a third remote. Whats a ballpark price on this? I'm gonna stare at the schematics and see how easy/difficult this is gonna be.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

The Ford ones are a little pricey, best I found for new was Tascaparts.com under Accessories on the homepage. I never called to find out if I could use the new fobs on the existing keyless, but I would assume you could just program them like anything else. Remote start units are also available.

I've seen a few come up for sell on the forum used if you're patient.

Quick Reply: Do I have a factory alarm?