Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

DIY HD Tails/Hankook Dynapros

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY HD Tails/Hankook Dynapros

Well guys yesterday I nightshaded my tails to look like the HD tails if not a little darker. I first cleaned them with degreaser then started wetsanding with 800 and worked my way up to 2000. I sprayed one light coat of Nightshade and let the tails dry. I then proceeded to use polishing compound followed by Zymol on the tails and I think they look pretty darn good.

Today I had the the Dynapros put on. No one in town wanted to do my leveling kit I can't do it myself because my mom won't let me(I'm home for Christmas break) and I don't have a place to do them at school, or the tools. The one place I found in town wanted 375 for my AS kit. The other two were reasonable but were booked until next week I'll probably have my dad install it with me if he can find time, then my mom will be ok with it.

My next things I'll probably do to the truck are take off the cheesy STX decals (I've never liked them). I want to replace the heads with FX2 or Hella Headlamps.

This is proof that a 33" tire will fit on a 2wd no rub with stock rims and without a leveling kit (:

I'll try to get that installed tomorrow, figure it out somehow.

Quick Reply: DIY HD Tails/Hankook Dynapros