Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Dirty Interior

Old 01-26-2009, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty Interior

i know this is a problem with most of us guys that have the cloth seats. well i have the grey cloth seats and was wondering if anybody found a good cleaner to get the stains that just appear in these seats? thanks. david.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Average Joe

Originally Posted by f150mashin559
i know this is a problem with most of us guys that have the cloth seats. well i have the grey cloth seats and was wondering if anybody found a good cleaner to get the stains that just appear in these seats? thanks. david.
I've owned two of these trucks. I bought cans of carpet shampoo and hand scrubbed/vacuumed them. (did all of it or it left clean spots) Both of my trucks had a "nasty old man locker room smell" according to my wife. So I bought Arm n Hammer Baking soda and sprinkled it all over the cloth seats and carpet overnight. Then vacuumed it out.

Did the trick both times.

I am thinking about scotchguard but I am not sure if that is going to help or just lock in the dirt.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM

what did you use to scrub with?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Average Joe

Originally Posted by 04Heritage
what did you use to scrub with?
I buy the canned stuff at O'reillys/Walmart/Autozone and it has a yellow scrubber built into the can. (pops off too). Its a semi stiff plastic brush.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Resolve Carpet Cleaner, it works on the cloth pretty well, only negative is that it usually takes quite a while to dry even when I vacuum afterwards.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I have a Bissel home carpet cleaner with the upolstery attachments. I cleaned mine (no substitude for hot water cleaning). Then I used SCOTCHGUARD for apolstery.

Most full car wash centers offer apolstery cleaning. Get that done, then use the SCOTCHGUARD on the cloth seats. You'll then be able to "spot clean" with the foam stuff.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Average Joe

Originally Posted by Bucko
I have a Bissel home carpet cleaner with the upolstery attachments. I cleaned mine (no substitude for hot water cleaning). Then I used SCOTCHGUARD for apolstery.

Most full car wash centers offer apolstery cleaning. Get that done, then use the SCOTCHGUARD on the cloth seats. You'll then be able to "spot clean" with the foam stuff.
I have been afraid to use the Hot Water cleaner (we have a Bissel as well). I was told that water is what is causing the stains in the first place. ??
Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

home depot carries this stuff for house carpet cleaning its called capture...its a two step system that can be left on overnight and vaccumed up the next day, it does wonders..makes the stuff shiny new and smells great!

my f-150 is leather but i use it on my 83 250's bench seat and it makes it look brand new...a little bit goes a long way keep that in mind and its relatively cheap
Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Brattonr
I have been afraid to use the Hot Water cleaner (we have a Bissel as well). I was told that water is what is causing the stains in the first place. ??
Not true with the Bissel cleaning...I've never spilled a glass of water on my grey cloth seats. I did spill some coffee awhile back. The Bissel unit cleaned that right up. Then applied the SCOTCHGUARD for apolstery (not the carpet stuff).

No stains at all from the cleaning. You'll be supprised at the dirty water in the Bissel when your done, as I thought my seats were clean before I used the Bissel.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Average Joe

Originally Posted by Bucko
Not true with the Bissel cleaning...I've never spilled a glass of water on my grey cloth seats. I did spill some coffee awhile back. The Bissel unit cleaned that right up. Then applied the SCOTCHGUARD for apolstery (not the carpet stuff).

No stains at all from the cleaning. You'll be supprised at the dirty water in the Bissel when your done, as I thought my seats were clean before I used the Bissel.

Good info, thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dirty Interior