Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Differential info, and help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential info, and help

Alright guys and gals, I need some info.
I have a 2006 FX4 SCrew with a 6.5' bed. Rear end, and front end ratios are 3.73.
I know it'll leave 2 marks in the back, and I know it has trak-lok, or whatever Ford calls it. My question is this, does the front end have an LSD as well?
I went off road a while back, got stuck in some monster ruts, and when I put it in reverse it threw 2 rooster tails up from the front.

When I got the truck it was bone stock, it has a 2.5" level in the front, no blocks in the rear, and is on 305/65/18 ko2's.

I understand it's an FX4 and all, but a front LSD doesn't seem like something they would do.

After all, they didn't even offer the electronic locker in the rear on that year.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

No they do not have a trac-lok in the front diff from the factory, I suppose someone could have thrown one in there but I highly doubt it. There would definitely do some custom fab work to accomplish that. I would think more than likely what happened is one of the tires caught traction and it transferred power to the other side even though the other side didn't have that much traction and was still spinning.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xMUDKINGx
No they do not have a trac-lok in the front diff from the factory, I suppose someone could have thrown one in there but I highly doubt it. There would definitely do some custom fab work to accomplish that. I would think more than likely what happened is one of the tires caught traction and it transferred power to the other side even though the other side didn't have that much traction and was still spinning.
That's what I figured. I appreciate the reply.

Quick Reply: Differential info, and help