Diagnostic Connector Port troubleshoot... - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2004 - 2008 Ford F150
Log In 


Diagnostic Connector Port troubleshoot...

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Diagnostic Connector Port troubleshoot...

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone might can help before I have to take it to the dealer or a mechanic. My check engine light came on the other day and im pretty sure I know, maybe what its from BUT I took it to auto zone, long store short...

My Diagnostic Connector Port would not read, I replaced the fuse that says its for the cigarette lighter and 'DC Port'. Wondering if anyone could give me some other things to troubleshoot to see what is going on. Also, yes my cigarette lighter doesn't work either still.

Thanks guys,
Jeremy
LariatBlack07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 09-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
kifels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kifels
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LariatBlack07 View Post
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone might can help before I have to take it to the dealer or a mechanic. My check engine light came on the other day and im pretty sure I know, maybe what its from BUT I took it to auto zone, long store short...

My Diagnostic Connector Port would not read, I replaced the fuse that says its for the cigarette lighter and 'DC Port'. Wondering if anyone could give me some other things to troubleshoot to see what is going on. Also, yes my cigarette lighter doesn't work either still.

Thanks guys,
Jeremy
are you sure the fuse is still good? 9/10 times the OBDII port runs off of the same circut you cigar lighter does. if the fuse is good then I would start looking for a short or a break in the circut.

Last edited by kifels; 09-27-2009 at 09:43 AM.
kifels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

yep, check the fuse again.. may have a short somewhere, causing the fuse to blow..
or like KIFELS said.. break in circuit..
04XLTSCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Well I replaced the I believe its number '110' on my fuse box twice, still didnt fix it. But my dad took it to a guy he knows this morning and he replaced some other fuse, not sure which one? But it is suposable fixed??, not sure I haven't made it outside yet. He said he cigarette lighter works so I'm assuming the computer port will work, (hopefully,fingers crossed).

They disconnected the battery, so I have to wait for the check engine code to come back on or take it to a place where I think a friend can look up past thrown codes. See what it was.

Ill re-post to say what happends, but thanks for the input!
__________________

LariatBlack07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
kifels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kifels
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LariatBlack07 View Post
Well I replaced the I believe its number '110' on my fuse box twice, still didnt fix it. But my dad took it to a guy he knows this morning and he replaced some other fuse, not sure which one? But it is suposable fixed??, not sure I haven't made it outside yet. He said he cigarette lighter works so I'm assuming the computer port will work, (hopefully,fingers crossed).

They disconnected the battery, so I have to wait for the check engine code to come back on or take it to a place where I think a friend can look up past thrown codes. See what it was.

Ill re-post to say what happends, but thanks for the input!
Iím pretty sure you may have been looking at the wrong fuse, Iím looking at my fuse panel diagram and three is not 110 fuses, but anyways.

as far as the codes go disconnecting the battery should not erase the code completely is should still be in the system try having it scanner anyways. and Iím willing to bet your OBDII port will function properly now that the circuit is working again.
kifels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Diagnostic Port

I was reading about the diagnostic port not working. Mine does not work as well as my cigarette lighter. Was wondering what the solution was...
coreyclausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #7
Wait what?
 
LaMartian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 890
Thanked 60 Times in 59 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyclausen View Post
I was reading about the diagnostic port not working. Mine does not work as well as my cigarette lighter. Was wondering what the solution was...
Blown mini fuse. Look for the cigar lighter on the fuse diagram.
__________________
2005 F-150 Lariat [Current]
I survived the 5.4L spark plug change and didn't break any!
Gibson stainless performance headers. Flowmaster 44 dual-out muffler.
SCT X4 with 93 octane performance tune.
If you think hiring a good tech is expensive, try hiring a cheap one.
LaMartian is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noisy Vacuum Pump Temp Fix PSI-FX4 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 3 Today 01:17 PM
key programming question GregsTruck 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 1 08-18-2015 11:54 PM
USB and 12V Adapter Add-on 05superfx4 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 8 08-18-2015 01:04 PM
05 Whipple on 99? midnightride42 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 7 08-17-2015 03:05 PM
NEED HELP 351 won't start after new cam installation rsm688 8 Cylinder Engines 3 08-15-2015 06:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Copyright © 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.