Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Diagnostic Connector Port troubleshoot...

Old 09-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnostic Connector Port troubleshoot...

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone might can help before I have to take it to the dealer or a mechanic. My check engine light came on the other day and im pretty sure I know, maybe what its from BUT I took it to auto zone, long store short...

My Diagnostic Connector Port would not read, I replaced the fuse that says its for the cigarette lighter and 'DC Port'. Wondering if anyone could give me some other things to troubleshoot to see what is going on. Also, yes my cigarette lighter doesn't work either still.

Thanks guys,
Jeremy
Old 09-27-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by LariatBlack07
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone might can help before I have to take it to the dealer or a mechanic. My check engine light came on the other day and im pretty sure I know, maybe what its from BUT I took it to auto zone, long store short...

My Diagnostic Connector Port would not read, I replaced the fuse that says its for the cigarette lighter and 'DC Port'. Wondering if anyone could give me some other things to troubleshoot to see what is going on. Also, yes my cigarette lighter doesn't work either still.

Thanks guys,
Jeremy
are you sure the fuse is still good? 9/10 times the OBDII port runs off of the same circut you cigar lighter does. if the fuse is good then I would start looking for a short or a break in the circut.

Last edited by kifels; 09-27-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 AM

yep, check the fuse again.. may have a short somewhere, causing the fuse to blow..
or like KIFELS said.. break in circuit..
Old 09-27-2009, 12:25 PM

Well I replaced the I believe its number '110' on my fuse box twice, still didnt fix it. But my dad took it to a guy he knows this morning and he replaced some other fuse, not sure which one? But it is suposable fixed??, not sure I haven't made it outside yet. He said he cigarette lighter works so I'm assuming the computer port will work, (hopefully,fingers crossed).

They disconnected the battery, so I have to wait for the check engine code to come back on or take it to a place where I think a friend can look up past thrown codes. See what it was.

Ill re-post to say what happends, but thanks for the input!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by LariatBlack07
Well I replaced the I believe its number '110' on my fuse box twice, still didnt fix it. But my dad took it to a guy he knows this morning and he replaced some other fuse, not sure which one? But it is suposable fixed??, not sure I haven't made it outside yet. He said he cigarette lighter works so I'm assuming the computer port will work, (hopefully,fingers crossed).

They disconnected the battery, so I have to wait for the check engine code to come back on or take it to a place where I think a friend can look up past thrown codes. See what it was.

Ill re-post to say what happends, but thanks for the input!
I’m pretty sure you may have been looking at the wrong fuse, I’m looking at my fuse panel diagram and three is not 110 fuses, but anyways.

as far as the codes go disconnecting the battery should not erase the code completely is should still be in the system try having it scanner anyways. and I’m willing to bet your OBDII port will function properly now that the circuit is working again.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:35 PM

Default Diagnostic Port

I was reading about the diagnostic port not working. Mine does not work as well as my cigarette lighter. Was wondering what the solution was...
Old 09-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Some guy

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,279 Posts

Originally Posted by coreyclausen
I was reading about the diagnostic port not working. Mine does not work as well as my cigarette lighter. Was wondering what the solution was...
Blown mini fuse. Look for the cigar lighter on the fuse diagram.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diagnostic Connector Port troubleshoot...