Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Decked Truck Storage Box - Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 01:51 PM
2005 SuperCab FX4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Decked Truck Storage Box - Review

Good Day All. About a year ago I came across a product called Decked (www.decked.com) that I immediately thought was a great product. I tried to become a dealer for them right away but they wanted "brick and mortar" which I completely understood. Luckily I am in a position where I can bring on new products for my work. With that said, this is not a post to sell, just to review as I am a user of the product. You will hear Pros and Cons from me.

After saving up the $$$ to purchase it on my own to use as an office display I ordered one for truck, finally. Here's what I've experienced.

Pros:
- They meet a price point that others can't for a similar type of product
- Appears to be secure...very secure when coupled with a locking tailgate
- Fits under most Tonneau covers...be aware that there are some rolling tonneau covers it won't fit under since it is 12" tall.
- I personally feel it is great when coupled with a truck cap
- Bolts together pretty easy but took 3 hours to do initial assembly/install.
- Uninstall in 20 minutes and then reinstall in 20 mins
- Only weighs 200 lbs so I not spending a lot more in fuel.
- The one that I bought fits 2004-2014 F150's with 5.5' bed (10 years of trucks).
- Weight capacity is 2000 lbs on top and 200 lbs in each drawer

Cons:
- You need to give up 12" tall of your entire bed
-Bulkier option compared to crossbed storage
- Add on features increase cost: locks, tie downs, dividers, shelves are an add on feature
- let's be honest, it's still approx $1100 so you have to really want something that can hold this much stuff.
- You can't use with plastic bed liner, so you'll either need to have no liner or a spray on liner. I wouldn't recommend the no liner route.

With all that said, I do like it! Even though I found that I didn't need something that can hold that much stuff...

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will answer them as honestly as possible.
Attached Thumbnails Decked Truck Storage Box - Review-img_5458.jpg  

Quick Reply: Decked Truck Storage Box - Review