Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

dealer, battery amps, more

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer, battery amps, more

I took my '07 Super Cab in to get the transmission flushed and filled. I also asked them to try and "re-train" the TPMS on the Ford Expedition alloy wheels I put on it.
After waiting an hour the service desk guy tells me they found my tires had uneven wear and I should get a $120 road pressure tire balance and my battery only gives out 540 cc amps when a new one would give 650 or something.
This sounds like BS to me. I had just looked at all the tires cuz I was checking to see if the Exp'dtn wheels would fit. BFG AT's, they're about 1 yr old and fine. Wouldn't any battery be lower than brand new spec?
After another the guy tells me I'm done. He said the TPMS light was not on so nothing could be done. This WAS BS because I watched a Tech walk around the truck with their sensor remote and I heard the truck's horn beep several times as he put it into "program" mode.
As soon as I turned the engine on, the light came on and I got the guy to come out and look (took a while) and he said "oh yeah." He offered to get me back in again if I could wait.
I left.

I hate the dealer's shop.

Quick Reply: dealer, battery amps, more