Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

DCC Controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DCC Controller

Well I had a DCC controller running my electric fans but for some reason my fans stayed on and wouldn't shut off. I contracted Brian and we went back and forth so I sent him the controller back and he did something and sent it back. I reinstalled it exactly as the instructions said. Ran it for 2 days and had the same exact problem. Sent it back to Brian again and now he is refusing to help or fix it. I may not be the most mechanical person out there but when I told him what I knew all he would tell me is that it didn't make sense and he made it sound like I was trying to lie to him. He keeps telling me it must be something wrong with my alternator but I have had it checked and it OK. I told him that if I was doing something wrong I would have no issue buying a new controller from him but now he is even refusing to sell me a new controller. He is now going to send me my controller back to me but he has drilled a hole in it so it cant be fixed. WTF. Not happy at all. I was telling everyone how great he was and how good the controllers are but not anymore.

Last edited by mfcimatt; 08-26-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

drilled a hole in it? I know where I'm definitely not buying a controller when I do efans now.. Sorry about your luck man
Old 08-26-2014, 04:59 PM

I am going to try a Derale controller and see how they work out.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:01 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

why in the hell would he drill a hole in something you paid for ??? I would be pissed ! when he sent it back to you the first time ...what did he say was wrong with it ??
Old 08-27-2014, 10:00 AM

This is what he said to me. Not sure why this happened. "One transistor was blown, the second transistor was overheated from running for two hours with it damaged. The control board isn't damaged, but has most likely had some wear from running it for the amount of time afterwords".
Old 08-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

good luck with the Derale..
Old 08-27-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

That's not right from DCC. They should at the least give you a replacement.
Glad I bought Painless controller.

My E-fan has been working flawlessly.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:34 PM

update. I have had the Derale installed for almost 2 weeks and it seems to be working great! Runs both fans, comes on with the AC, attached to the ignition so it wont run while the car is shut off. I still have not received my old DCC controller back yet, I emailed Brian today to see when he shipped it and he said he hasn't been to the post office and will mail it out with his next orders next week.... WTF you are running a business and you don't make it to the post office or have someone coming to pick or drop off.... I am so disappointed in the DCC business.

Quick Reply: DCC Controller