Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Day 3 of Cam Phaser/ plug change...the story..

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day 3 of Cam Phaser/ plug change...the story..

Right now as I am sitting I am waiting and hoping the the carb. cleaner that is soaking on my last plug is doing its job. Yesterday I replaced my phasers and befor putting the front cover on I thought I would go ahead and pull my plugs. So I tryed 1st on the dvr. side...broke.. #3 on same side.. GOT IT!! So long story short score is 1 safe 7 killed. No big deal I thought I have "people" that will have a tool. What do you know 10 this morning I'm runnin to pick one up. A Matco. BRAND NEW!! thought...o no.. this isnt good. So I speed home in my mom's Toyo (senor in high school btw) get home and start pullin broken **** like it's nothin,but I noticed that the threds on the "pusher" were getin really rough and each time even after i clean it and spray it down with carb. cleaner its still geting tighter and tighter! I didnt really think any thing of it so I kept pullin them. Well I got to that first plug I broke, #1 on the Driver side, last plug of the broke 7 and I'm thinkin I've got it!! Its done!! Apon pushin out the last portlin the threads stripped out of the female part of that pusher.....last plug! At witch time my dad comes it... nothing seams to go good when he shows up.. He seams to think that I can just run the tap in there hook on to it and up she will come!... ya.. ok.. so I try that and what do you know, It pulls out of the tit! yay! SOOO I screw the pusher back in and we just so happen to have a punch that is .400" witch is what the male part is that drive out the portlin. I get it beat out and tryed now 5 times to pull it and each time it has pulled out... how I have been given 5 times I'm not sure but I have. So like I said in the first ^ now I'm waiting and hopin that Carb. Cleaner (B-12 Cem-tool) is eatin at the carbon... the last plug!!!

Does any one have ideas on stuff to do if this doesnt work?

Thanks for takin the time to read.

GJ
Old 08-11-2012, 01:31 AM

Welp The epoxy didnt work but I did get it out after pulling out from it after the cure time of the epoxy I tryed breakin the rachet runnin in the puller and well.. it worked. so after a lost count of fist pumps and jumpin around we went back to gether. Got the last plug out around 7ish. New plugs in front cover on valve covers on, had it all back to the way it was 4 days befor (except that one plastic pice over the raid.) and she strated right up at 1:30 AM. long night but she runs like a champ. around 300 mi on it.
We are takin a 300 mi trip to Ar. on a Fourwheeler trip, gonna be pullin an 18 foot trailer with 2 sport bikes a griz 700 and a RZR S. lookin at getin a EDGE EVo. befor the trip.. Just thought I would finish "the story"

GJ
Old 08-11-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Way to hang!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:00 PM

Thanks Truck still seams WAAYY low on power and only 13.9 mpg..

GJ

Quick Reply: Day 3 of Cam Phaser/ plug change...the story..