Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

CV Double Cardan cross fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CV Double Cardan cross fit

found a guy selling a drive shaft from a 2000 Excursion that has a Double Cardan joint.

checked and found that replacement ujoints call for the same part number as my 2004 F150.

do you think I can use the CV joint on my F150?

this option, if doable, would eliminate the vibration issues ater shimming the pinion up.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 534 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by slbaseballdad
found a guy selling a drive shaft from a 2000 Excursion that has a Double Cardan joint.

checked and found that replacement ujoints call for the same part number as my 2004 F150.

do you think I can use the CV joint on my F150?

this option, if doable, would eliminate the vibration issues ater shimming the pinion up.
Usually you see a double Cardin u joint on short wheelbase vehicles, like the ford bronco.
If the driveshaft is long enough you could try it, but I have a feeling it will end up being too short or maybe even too long...

If you have a 6 inch lift, I recall reading once that some lift kits require you to re index the driveshaft..
It's hard to say which driveshaft your actually talking about.. Front, rear or both?

If I was you, for the rear I would try and get the rear pinion angle corrected with shims or new rear blocks. If you have taller leaf springs already than shims would be your answer.

Quick Reply: CV Double Cardan cross fit