Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Couple of Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of Problems

First off hello there and thanks for looking at this post.

2006 Ford 150 Lariat
5.4L V8
84000km

First problem. I noticed about a week ago when i was driving on the highway and started to brake my steering wheel started to shake. And it always does it now and is getting worse. Also when i am in the city and slowly brake i notice my truck starts to jerk till it stops. Im pretty sure this is the broke rotors and pads. Any othe suggestions?

Second problem. When i accelerate to a high speed i can start to hear a loud hissing. Dont know if its comming form the transmission or the engine.

First problem but not so serious. When my truck changes gears (automatic) it sometimes jerks or even when i put the truck from park to drive it jerks a bit.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brake rotors are warped, get them turned or replaced. Could have a vaccum leak for the hissing noise, spray a can of carb cleaner around intake while truck is running and if it idles up where you have sprayed then you found the problem. Check trans fluid, is it low, burnt, last time it was serviced?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

^X2 on the rotors. If they are not too badly warped/worn, they can be turned to "true" them. Only a brake shop can tell you for sure; they will measure their thickness and check against the absolute minimum thickness. If they are warped too bad beyond being turned to remove the warp, they will need replacing.

Quick Reply: Couple of Problems